Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
875 Posts
New tool

Igor,
$188 seems to be a lot to spend on a tool that will not be used very often. Maybe you can get a couple of motorcycle buddies to pitch in and share it. Let us know how it works out.

·
Registered
607 Posts
I am skeptical about this. $188 is a h311 of a lot of money for something a long enough straight-edge will do (and not need batteries for.)
And this line on thier site bothers me too: "If your bike seems to “prefer” one type of turn over another, it can be a sign that your wheel alignment is not properly set."
All humans tend to favor one side or another, and as a result, right handed riders will tend to feel more comfortable taking left hand turns, because their sword hand will feel less threatened. By attributing this human tendency to some fault in a machine's alignment...it's just not 100% honest.
And if you really want to use a lazer to align your rear wheel, every hardware store has lazer-levelers for hanging picture frames straight in your home for a lot less than $188. Lots less.
Good luck either way.
-CCinC

·
Super Moderator
10,924 Posts
The string is the way to go, works every time. I prefer 12 lb. test green fishing line so it's easy to see the contrast and you can be sure it stretches taut.

·
Registered
233 Posts
Okay Calamari - I buy your "sword hand" argument, 'cause I actually do prefer turning left as a right-hander. Now, can you tell me why I drag pegs a lot more on the left side?

·
Registered
233 Posts
Correction to above - that should say, "Can you tell my why I drag my right peg more often." Now, that I've thought about it, I think it's because right turns are sharper than left turns (at least in America), so the bike naturally leans more.

·
Registered
613 Posts
It's a little spendy, but it looks like a great idea. It would be a lot easier than using string, but I don't think its $188 easier. If I was changing tires more often, I would probably check it out.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts