Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
395 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Battling flames, smoke and the potential for an explosion, emergency workers, struggling feverishly, yesterday liberated a motorcyclist and his mangled leg from beneath a 30,000-pound dump truck that had run him over ...

...As rescuers rolled him toward a waiting ambulance, McGreevy could be seen with his eyes open, a heavily tattooed arm extended from his black, leather motorcycle jacket, a sheet draped over his legs...

...After firefighters put out the flames, he and a paramedic moved in to help McGreevy, who was wedged face-down between his motorcycle and the underside of the truck. One leg was stuck; the other was tangled.

http://www.postgazette.com/pg/04156/326761.stm

·
Registered
487 Posts
I'd love to be on the jury on this one.
The truck driver knew the motorcyclist was there and still ran over him! :x
I don't think I would let the truck driver see the light of day again.

·
Registered
2,159 Posts
NOT FAIR

I think that he should lose his CDL (that would include his license for anything that requires a license), have to ride a bicycle to work and that for community service he should have to ride ambulance duty with EMT's, or have to work in the trauma center, receiving for a coupel thousands of hours...before perhaps getting his license (perhaps only a limited/restricted cc motorcycle license) after a period of 3 years, or no license ever again.

·
Registered
20,973 Posts
that truck driver should be executed! :evil: means of execution: getting runned over by a dump truck then letting it burn on top of him!

·
Registered
2,159 Posts
TIME

Still say take away his license fo r3 years and make him do EMT comunity service scraping dead bodies up and stuff like that...if he doesn't want to do that then hard time in a cell block...

·
Registered
65 Posts
I read about that story on another forum. The guy who posted it knows the rider who got run over and has since decided to quit riding because he felt it was too dangerous to do it any longer. I can't blame him. Its too bad more people can't enjoy riding because of people who either don't care about us or don't take the time to look for us. Very sad.

·
Registered
133 Posts
Re: NOT FAIR

ZX-2R said:
I think that he should lose his CDL (that would include his license for anything that requires a license), have to ride a bicycle to work and that for community service he should have to ride ambulance duty with EMT's, or have to work in the trauma center, receiving for a coupel thousands of hours...before perhaps getting his license (perhaps only a limited/restricted cc motorcycle license) after a period of 3 years, or no license ever again.
Good idea. Limit him to a 50cc motorcycle license. Then he might get hit, cause his moped/scooter is so small. :lol: Oh, and restrict him from getting an Aprilia 50...Much too good for him.

·
Registered
16 Posts
In my 65 years on this earth, I have come to the obvious conclusion that all "rock haulers" (any type of dump truck carring all types of earth, rocks, gravel, etc) are wack'o... I've been all over this country and it doesn't matter where you are, they are all driven with speed, speed, speed... and I really don't understand it... They all get paid by the hour, not the load... at least that's what I've been told.. They all are just crazy..

I've also learned over the years to stay away from the "rock haulers" if you want to live....

·
Registered
2,159 Posts
in front or behind

Neither position is desired...time to get way ahead or at least 15 minutes behind...and if you are behind watch for rocks, sand...etc...

1 - 13 of 13 Posts