Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2002 Vulcan 1500 Classic (Carb). I had hard bags (K53000-158?) mounted at the dealer. I recently bought a backrest and rack (K53020-304). I don't see any way to mount them both at the same time. A friend mentioned there was an adapter kit, but I don't see it on the Fire & steel site. Help!

Thanks,

tjf

·
Registered
27 Posts
Welcome to my world :cry: I have an 04 1500 Classic with the same backrest (got it with the bike). I had begun to shop for saddlebags when I discovered the 'problem'. The site does not show the 'adapter kit' however it is item # K53021-104 $79.95 list. I have been trying to find a photo or even a description of what this adapter kit looks like or does (all the bag companies want to know). I finally tracked it down to the actual manufacturer (Jardine) they knew they made the backrest but had to check to see if they made the adapter.... they do and now I have a contact there that is trying to get me a copy of the specs and some pictures so I can see how it works. I will try to keep you posted. If you find any other info, please let me know. Hopefully we get there soon :D

·
Registered
77 Posts
tfarish
HOw do you like the hard bags. I was looking into those as well. Are they big enought to hold a good amount of stuff? Can you post a pic so we can check them out?

David

1 - 3 of 3 Posts