Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Wow! What a difference. It was so high and uncomfortable, I'd have to literally pull my leg up to upshift before. It was really messing with my clutch timing resulting in terrible shifts.

Another benefit is that since I was taking the parts off, I got a chance to really clean them thoroughly.

·
Registered
8,245 Posts
adjusting the shifter, clutch lever, front brake lever are all very important, it makes a HUGE difference once you get them in a good spot for you.

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
What I did was sit on the bike on its centerstand with the lever disconnected from the transmission shaft. I got comfortable and had my girlfriend rest the lever on the top of my riding boot and hold it there. Then I dismounted and based my position on that, only moved it up slightly.

·
Registered
2,159 Posts
Adusting the levers, too

Simply adjusting the front brake and clutch levers are simple and make a world of difference too...so does changing out your windshield if you are taller...and even adjusting that thing under the bike that has to be removed for adjustment...oh yeah.....the rear suspension set at the factory for the "average" rider. Average weight, average riding style, average American(?)...What is "Average"? Why is it so difficult to adjust? Actually it's not difficult, you just have to remove it from the bike and adjust it and then re-install it to see if it is now where you want it...YA THINK Kawasaki is going to fix this on the next generation 250's...same as on the 500's right?

·
Registered
182 Posts
Wow I guess I'm exactly average. I like everything right where it is at. I guess I got lucky there. I should play with it though. Getting experience with all the parts would be helpful in the long run I suppose.

·
Registered
5,201 Posts
A friend of mine who used to sell bikes was always amazed at the number of buyers that would just jump on a bike without ajusting anything and ride off.

When you pick up your bike ( assuming it's new ) the dealer will usually gladly and free of charge ajust anything on the bike for you. By contrast when someone buys a car first thing they'll do is ajust the seat and mirrors and steering wheel if it's ajustable.

·
Registered
2,159 Posts
ADjustments

Our Windstar has adjustable everything and I am constantly adjusting hte pedals. I like them close to the floor...wife likes them as high as she can get them. On the bike if you are taller there are a couple manufactures that offer a 2" taller windscreen to keep you more in the airstream...this too is an adjustment that most tall people to not transfer to. seat adjustment is a little more difficult, but if you tood a board with foam mounted to it and found your sweet spot, you could take your seat in and have them shave it and reupholser it to your proper body length as well.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts