Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
Registered
199 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
k guys, well i just out of the blue have decided to move to CA, visited there love it, im young, seems like the place i want to spend the rest of my life in so why not.... already got a roomate and job set up to start on my new life, and a girl ive been talking to

NOW i have exactly $11,000 in bills on my car and bike total

I think ima sell the car before i leave and jus use the bike in CA since it barely rains, become a pro rider in that kinda traffic lolll.. i would sell the bike but would loose alotttt specially since its not riding season here :( so i dont want to and I LOVE THAT BIKE!!! and it costs double my car lol...

but i might jus pay all off and have everything shipped (thats the plan if i get another PT job anytime soon), im just not sure yet

so anyone use a compny to ship there bike, and even if u moved somewere far how did u get ur household items there? I hate how they cant just email u the quote instead of needing ur ph # i hope they dont keep calling me and bothering me...

thanks for the help folx

·
Registered
199 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
**** jus got the quote for the car $1015 my cars just worth 5000 not even worth it! lets hope the bikes cheaper

·
Vintage bike addict
4,812 Posts
Call Mayflower and just put the bike on the truck with your other stuff. Darn expensive place to live. Personally I'm considering the New Mexico area.

·
RIP Deron Harden :-(
32,545 Posts
either that or you rent a uhaul for all your stuff and the bike and pull the car behind it on a uhaul dolly. that's what i would do if i couldn't sell the car in time.

·
RIP Deron Harden :-(
32,545 Posts
Call Mayflower and just put the bike on the truck with your other stuff. Darn expensive place to live. Personally I'm considering the New Mexico area.
if he's used to MA, then CA won't be any worse. many companies have moved from out here to the west coast for cheaper operating costs. i know a lot of people who have been laid off because companies moved out to CA.

·
Registered
363 Posts
Well, welcome to the Golden State. Where exactly are you moving to in Cal-i-forn-i-a? How are you bringing your other stuff, do you even have anything? If you do and you're driving just throw that puppy in the U-Haul. When I moved to California, I had two suitcases full of clothes, and a couple of boxes, it was an easy move!

·
Registered
199 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
well im moving to Encinitas, in San diego..... It depends on the price of everything, a u haul would be tonnnnsss of money on gas i assume. I got some stuff id like to bring, pretty much my bed, clothes, PC small tv, nothing major... oh also I SUCK at driving lol so id get so lost

BTW if u got a roomate CA aint bad AT ALL i checked the apartment out with a guy i talk 2 on bodybuilding forums, its 600 a month with EVERYTHING included even cable and internet..

·
Registered
363 Posts
That's not bad, if you live in the hood in LA you can find a dinky little studio with a full bath and full kitchen for about $600 + utilities. I know MA is expensive, I was considering moving to Boston, but one it's too cold, two it's expensive, and three I want to road race motorcycles, so I moved to CA. I knew a guy from Boston who said he had to spend about $400/mon. during the winter for heating for his apartment, is that an accurate number?

·
Registered
199 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
i live with my parents, so this will be a big move out on my own but im ready for it, will be 20 on dec 8........ but i know everything in MA is expensive and TRUST ME u dont wanna move here.... i went there last week and was like OMG its november and these kids are on there streetbikes at 11pm?!?!?!? thats 1 huge reason i wanna go there, come here and plan on riding 3-4 months without getting frostbite...

apartments in boston range about 1000-1500 a month and it sucks cuz its boston lol

·
Registered
177 Posts
You were there last week and already came home, made the decision to move, found a roommate, an apartment AND a job between last week and this week?! That is impressive and a real bold move. I admire people who are passionate and impulsive about doing things that are important. Good luck!

·
Registered
199 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
well i kinda always wanted to, and ive been talkin 2 my soon 2 be roomate online and asking him about his apartment. and happens he can get me a job at his place because hes a manager at a health store and i love bodybuilding so it all is working out great. i went there last week for a business trip (i install robotic systems that help find ways to cure stuff like cancer aids malaria ect)

·
Time to Ride
7,572 Posts
well im moving to Encinitas, in San diego..... It depends on the price of everything, a u haul would be tonnnnsss of money on gas i assume. I got some stuff id like to bring, pretty much my bed, clothes, PC small tv, nothing major... oh also I SUCK at driving lol so id get so lost

BTW if u got a roomate CA aint bad AT ALL i checked the apartment out with a guy i talk 2 on bodybuilding forums, its 600 a month with EVERYTHING included even cable and internet..
dude..........you dont know how lucky you are, there seems to be a group right in southern california, from this exact forum, that get together and ride.

you will be about 60 miles south of me.

now, as for your other problem, send me a plane ticket, and a open credit card, and I will persona;;ly ride your bike here

·
Time to Ride
7,572 Posts
You were there last week and already came home, made the decision to move, found a roommate, an apartment AND a job between last week and this week?! That is impressive and a real bold move. I admire people who are passionate and impulsive about doing things that are important. Good luck!

I'm passionate and impulsive................

or maybe it was pathetic and improper.

so hard to remember which

·
Registered
199 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
lol ur over 3000 miles away, and its to cold for my baby to get riden all the way there, theres only 1 *** for my seat, and its mine :) , oh and whatever lady wants to ride in the passenger seat lol

dude..........you dont know how lucky you are, there seems to be a group right in southern california, from this exact forum, that get together and ride.

you will be about 60 miles south of me.

now, as for your other problem, send me a plane ticket, and a open credit card, and I will persona;;ly ride your bike here

·
Registered
199 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
cool, thanks , yeah i signed up 4 that yesterday 2

·
Registered
10,122 Posts
Sell everything :shock: & ride the bike!!!! :biggrin: Take bout 3-4 weeks & see the country! What an awsome trip!! :biggrin: 8)

·
Registered
199 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
haha only way i would do that is get a gps on my bike..... im a lil sissy when it comes to highways unless im with sum1 who knows were there goin.... i get paranoid lol

1 - 20 of 38 Posts