Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Alright, I heard about removing the rear fender and moving the turn signals up to the rear brake light assembly, it can be done, as it has two open sockets on each side to install, anyone know how to do it right or have done it and can give detailed instructions? Thanks.

·
Registered
43 Posts
I want to do the same thing. I looked at your website Curt, and I was wondering why the purchase of trailer lights was neccessary, instead of using the socket/bulb already in the turn signal. Was that simply so you could have the addition of the running light at night?

·
Registered
456 Posts
The reason I used the trailer lights was because I couldn't find the bare socket, and I wanted to save my turn signals in case I changed my mind later. I found out later that Autozone has the socket.

I do like using the dual filament bulbs. That gives me a few more options. I decided to use the dimmer filament for extra brake light. But I was looking at it the other day, and it looks a little funny with the brake light being so dim, even though it's bright in the middle. One day I may put in a better system to use the bright filament for both turn and brake, like a trailer converter. I can make one with just four power transistors, if I have my design figured out correctly.

Another option would be to order the amber turn signals from Japan. Then my only brake light and running light would be in the center.

I've even thought about putting a brake light on my helmet, but that's another story. Maybe I'm just paranoid about getting rear-ended.
Curt

·
Registered
43 Posts
Curt said:
I've even thought about putting a brake light on my helmet, but that's another story. Maybe I'm just paranoid about getting rear-ended.
Curt
LMAO Too Funny! But I hear ya, I had a dodge ram pickup right on my ass at at stop light today. I was just about to stand up from my bike and start waving my arms, but luckily he came to a stop, albeit close enough to make my butt pucker.......

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I did mine up and it looks hot. Took off the whole rear fender piece. I just bought the sockets and put them in, the only problem i had was keeping them in their secure, as long as i kept pressure pulling back againt the back of the lens the socket was secure so i think i ended up just wrapping the wires around one of the support posts right behind the lense. Its been about 2 weeks with no problems. I'm sure there was prob a better way to do it tho.

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I did mine up and it looks hot. Took off the whole rear fender piece. I just bought the sockets and put them in, the only problem i had was keeping them in their secure, as long as i kept pressure pulling back againt the back of the lens the socket was secure so i think i ended up just wrapping the wires around one of the support posts right behind the lense. Its been about 2 weeks with no problems. I'm sure there was prob a better way to do it tho. As for the brake light in the helmet. I dunno about that, the idea of being wired to my bike..... hmmm. [/i]

·
Registered
456 Posts
MusicMaverick said:
As for the brake light in the helmet. I dunno about that, the idea of being wired to my bike..... hmmm. [/i]
That's a good point. I hadn't thought of that. If I ever get thrown from the bike, I don't want my helmet tethered. Maybe I could make it some kind of a breakaway connection. I'm just dreaming here.
Curt

1 - 12 of 12 Posts