Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
3,034 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok... heres the deal. Someone I know in town is saving up for a bike. Hes offered me 5800 for mine, since it's already broke in and mods done on her... He doesn't have the money in hand yet, but I trust him vaguly :p Not like I'm just gonna give it to him b4 I have the cash in my hand.
My question is, with that money I can pay off my bike and have quite a bit for a down payment on a new ninja. Would an older ZX7 be ok to move up to? The other bikes I'm lookin at are the ZZR-600 and the ZX-6R... I just dont know which yet :p

·
Registered
1,803 Posts
Depends how "Old" you're talking. Its up to you. Buy the machine you like the most and fits you the best. Too many times we buy machines because of what other people say or what we think about them. Not what really matters. I know you can customize a machine to fit you but why not save the money and effort of doing that and buying one that fits you best to start with?

·
Registered
112 Posts
its all about what u want out of a bike. I ride a 04 500r i bought new, I plan on keeping it for as long as I can. The only reason for my to move on to another bike would be if this one limits my riding ability. But I know that won't happen.

in america we have this dumb way of thinking that bigger is better. Well if u like paying more for insurance, wearing our tires faster, spending more on a bike, then by all means go for the bigger bike. But its not going to make you a better rider and when it comes down to it, in the corners u will prolly be slower due to the fact that more power will probably intimidate you at first.

Alot of people will argue styling and blah blah blah... but just like you can modify a car u can do to a bike.

keep that in mind!

·
Registered
3,034 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
My thing for right now is comfort. If I wanna do anything major, I have to travel 75 miles one way on the freeway. I love my 500, dont get me wrong, but from what I've heard about the ZZR-600, it's a much more comfortable ride, sinceit's a sport-tourer. I think I might get that when I finally do go off to college, since I'll be riding it down to Tx. But ya, you're right, I'll keep the Ninja I think until I graduate HS.

·
Registered
1,803 Posts
The ZZR-600 is close to the same ergo as my ZX-9R and YES it is VERY much more comfortable than any other sport bike I've been on or seen. I'll tell you right now, any 750 won't be as comfortable because they are built to race. So if its comfort you're looking for of all the ones you listed it going to be the ZZR-600

·
Registered
439 Posts
i loved my 500 also.......... but I just haven't the words to describe my first long ride on my new 1500 classic. it almost brings a happy tear to my eye! i doubt i will ever own another bike, unless my baby dies for some reason. (not including mebbe another dirt bike some day :) )

·
Registered
439 Posts
anyway, had intended to say ......... whatever bike gives u the feeling i just described, is the bike for you, imho

·
Registered
3,034 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Well, if I make my trip down to see the grandparents down at Avon Park Range, then I might just have to look you up :p I know where Eglin AFB, Pensacola NAS, and Jacksonville NAs are, but where's Patrick?

·
Registered
66 Posts
I believe that Patrick is just south of Cocoa Beach, which is just south of Kennedy Space Center...great ride down A1A...you gotta try it

·
Registered
3,034 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Awesome. I've driven down A1A in a cage, but I'd love to ride down it... although it turns out I might be accepted into the Naval Academy, so that mean preflight and flight down at Pensacola :) which would be awesomesince I could ride down there also!

·
Registered
66 Posts
I rode A1a a few years back from Jax to Ft. Lauderdale...there are a bunch of places where you have to switch back over to U.S. 1 (I think that's right) but lots of great smaller towns along the coast to stop in...great food along the way and if you want to take a pit stop at just check out the "pond"...well,it's right there!!

·
Registered
100 Posts
Yeah, Patrick is right on A1A just a couple of miles south of Cocoa Beach. If you're down in the area, we could swap out and go for a ride no problem. I've been thinking about getting a 500r for the wife, so it'd be good for both of us.

·
Registered
429 Posts
JTpaintball70 said:
Ok... heres the deal. Someone I know in town is saving up for a bike. Hes offered me 5800 for mine, since it's already broke in and mods done on her... He doesn't have the money in hand yet, but I trust him vaguly :p Not like I'm just gonna give it to him b4 I have the cash in my hand.
My question is, with that money I can pay off my bike and have quite a bit for a down payment on a new ninja. Would an older ZX7 be ok to move up to? The other bikes I'm lookin at are the ZZR-600 and the ZX-6R... I just dont know which yet :p
What else have you done besides graphics, seat cover and flushmounts?? I would take the money and run. If your friend wants to buy a modded 500 for almost 6 G's show him mine and have him get ahold of me!!!

·
Registered
237 Posts
Dude your fine with the 500, i like my 250 better than my 600. could be a little faster but as long as your not trying to be that guy who buys the hayabuse because his friends made fun of his moped you should be happy with the 500 for many years. Although the top end rush of power is very fun on my 600 i consider it to be too much of a trade of as the bike is very heavy and hard to manuever, unlike its 250 and 50cc counterparts.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts