Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Can somebody help me about MSF? What is a MSF course?
It is mandatory for any biker?
Can you go before you take your driver license?
How much it cost?
How can you sign up?
Are you gonna use your own motorcycle?
I live in California, any special rules here?
Thank you guys. I appreciate any advice.

·
Registered
8,245 Posts
ewan2 said:
Can somebody help me about MSF? What is a MSF course?
It is mandatory for any biker?
Can you go before you take your driver license?
How much it cost?
How can you sign up?
Are you gonna use your own motorcycle?
I live in California, any special rules here?
Thank you guys. I appreciate any advice.
Motorcycle Safety course. They teach basic riding and safety techniques, along with some more advanced moves (swerving and emergency braking).

Different states have different rules, but in texas you either take the MSF course or the riding test at the DMV.
I'd recommend going before you get your license, it is a closed course with smaller bikes, a good place to learn the basics and get a feel for riding.

For everything else go here http://msf-usa.org/ <-MSF Foundation website.
They have the specifics for different states, california shouldn't be too much different from the rest of the world.

I would greatly recommend taking the MSF before hitting the road. It will more than likely save your life. Plus you get insurance discounts for taking it. The costs are worth it, I paid like 180 for the course.

They provide motorcycles for you to use, and a helmet/eye protection, you usually have to wear over the ankle boots, jeans, long sleeve shirt or jacket, and full fingered gloves.

Its kinda fun too, the class room time isn't the best but when you get to go play on the riding course it is quite a fun time.

Remember, keep the rubber side down.

·
Registered
4,352 Posts
re

take the course whether you need it or not - every rider should take it - regardless imo.
:wink:

1 - 4 of 4 Posts