Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 1999 Kawasaki Mule 2510. Doesn't seem to be getting fuel. I've replaced the fuel pump and the relay switch but it still won't start. It had been running fine and then for about two days started starting slowly. Thats when I pulled the fuel line at the carb to see if it was getting fuel and it wasn't which is why I replaced the pump. That didn't work so I replace the relay switch. Still won't start and the new pump still doesn't seem to be pumping fuel.
Help!

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
2510 Mule

Mike,
Thanks for the suggestion. Yes the fuel line is clear from tank to carb and I cleaned the carb.
I'm beginning to think there might be a problem with the igniter and am going to investigate that tomorrow.

·
Navy Vet Search & Rescue
8,843 Posts
If you disconnect the fuel line from the carb and the pump is not pumping then I would continue to pursue that problem. Not sure why you would suspect the igniter at this point but I'm not there so I'm sure you have your reasons. One quick way to see if it's a problem beyond the fuel delivery would be to put a little gas or starting fluid into the throat of the carb and see if it fires up for a few seconds.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
No Fire to plug

If you disconnect the fuel line from the carb and the pump is not pumping then I would continue to pursue that problem. Not sure why you would suspect the igniter at this point but I'm not there so I'm sure you have your reasons. One quick way to see if it's a problem beyond the fuel delivery would be to put a little gas or starting fluid into the throat of the carb and see if it fires up for a few seconds.
I'm getting fire to the yellow wire on the coil however there is no fire at the spark plug when turning the engine over.
So far, new fuel pump and new fuel pump relay which I'm pretty sure at htis point that I didn't really need but what the heck, they're new now and should not be a problem in the near future.
Igniter, regulator, rectifyer, coil, any suggestions what to replace next?

·
Navy Vet Search & Rescue
8,843 Posts
I'm don't know the wire color codes for that so just saying the yellow wire doesn't help much. If you are not getting any spark to the plugs then the problem is in the ign so that rules out the regulator/rectifier as they are for the charging system. The next step would be to troubleshoot the ign system. Have you checked for coil input voltage?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.