Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I pulled off the old starter. Piece of cake. LOL

I didn't realize that the starter plugs into a sprocked attached to a chain that is free floating in there. At first, the new starter wouldn't go in. I had a magnet (the kind you use to pick up nails and stuff) that I put above that chain sprocket and it picked that baby up perfectly and I centered it inside there. This time, I put the starter in and was able to get it in far enough to get the screws securing the starter screwed in. I thought, man, this wasn't so bad. I go hit the starter and all it does is turn and obviously isn't engaging that sprocket.

Does ANYONE have a schematic? I just need to know how much I gotta take off that housing to where I can come in on the opposite side to push that sprocket onto the starter. There's one deal there where you pull three bolts and looks like you "might" be able to get to it from there. If not, look like you gotta pull about 9 bolts and take that whole thing off there.

I can't get the parts to load so I can see it on the Kawasaki site.

Any help, schematics, or instruction would be GREATLY appreciate.

TIA

John

·
Registered
1 Posts
I’m at the same point as you. I have the whole case off. Make sure you have the chain on the bottom sprocket that’s about all I can say without seeing it

1 - 2 of 2 Posts