Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Great website and forum. This is my first post. Just got a late '80's mule 1000 and trying to get it going. Where can I find a used ignitor for a fair price?

Thanks
Dennis

·
Registered
3,787 Posts
I would avoid used electrical parts, but you can find them on e-bay at times.

The ignitors seldom fail outright, but suffer from bad or corroded wiring connectors on Mules that have been used in wet conditions. Usually, you can clean up the various connectors on the wiring harness, use a bit of dielectric grease after the corrosion is removed, and the ignitor will be fine.

If you really suspect the ignitor is bad, have it tested by your local Kawasaki dealer. They are too expensive to just swap around guessing. While you are at it, pull your pulsing coil, the little guy that picks up the pulse from the flywheel, and have it tested too. My bet is that inexpensive little guy will be the culprit if the wiring harness is good.

The other thing on the Mules that get used is the key switch corrodes, so make sure the ignition circuit there is making contact.

·
Registered
4 Posts
And a whole bunch of OEM parts for 450 b1 ,,,,1988 mule 1000 ,,,,new heads ,,,new lower crankcase ,,,,gears,,,, drum change,,,, crank case cover,,,, exhaust cam,,,,pretty much what ever you need 15133710593

1 - 4 of 4 Posts