Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
There is a considerable amount of coolant dripping from the lower rear engine casing of my mule 2500 when it is hot enough to pressure up the coolant system. I cannot find the source of this leak. I am beginning to suspect the water pump seal is leaking and that the cooling is running down the interior of the engine and exiting near the bottom. There is no coolant in the oil.

Do any of you know if this water pump would allow the leak to drain into the engine or is the leak passage located so that the leak would be directed to the outside of the engine?

·
Registered
3,787 Posts
There is a relief port on the waterpump shaft so the coolant will leak outside of the engine.

Once they start leaking do not run them until the leak has been fixed. If they get low they air lock and warp the heads from overheating in the engine and it will not show up on the warning system, and that gets expensive.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thank you RCW, for your reply. Since waterpump leaks would be noticable externallly on the engine, it is not likely that it is the problem.

So, i have reverted to the old standby, Barrs Leak. So far, so good.

Thanks again for the help.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.