Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I bought a 2510 new, fan blade on heater slung a blade off, linkage was not adjusted correctly on 4 wheel drive, kept popping like it was going to breake somthing,rear diff. did not have oil in it. I had to buy it on my own. Speaking of oil, ever 12-15 hours crankcase oil has to be changed because gas is in it. I have drained out 3 qt. You know it only holds 11/2 qts. During the warranty period. me,the dealer,and kawasaki in CA. headquarters argued till time ran out. Still arguing. 4 years later. I've been to 3 dealers nobody knows nothing. And will not do anything. They tell me I have a freaky problem noone else has. I finally found this webb site. seems like some body is lying.After $10,500. they should have better engines, besides that you can't keep plugs from fouling tried everything.

·
AZ's Official Mechanic
5,201 Posts
if you have fuel in the oil then no wonder you cant keep plugs from fouling. sounds like the kaw. that a board member on www.zrxoa.org had to deal with about his bent ZRX frame. he had COMPUTRAC check it and they proved that the frame was not correct but kaw. didnt want to hear it. sorry about your problems. the mech.s at the dealers should have been able to fix these problems.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Do a compression and leakdown test of have the dealer. A compresion gauge is only like 20.00 at auto zone or somewhere like that. Ive heard a few people with this problem. Try a differend dealer, it cant be too hard to find and fix there is only 10-15 parts to the hole engine. I have 2500 and never once a engine problem 3500 hours it seems only 2510 problems, but they have the same engine i belive. Isnt it a 620 cc?

·
Registered
6 Posts
I recently bought a 610 4x4 from AV kawasaki - similar issues but warrenty not out yet... dealer didn't even know it should open the throttle a bit w/choke!! cables all misadjusted, belt slipping/burning, etc... couldn't install winch, correct color top, correct wheels, etc... looking for another dealer in SOCAL now...

let me know if you find a good socal dealer!!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts