Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Howdy all. Got a problem with the brakes on the Muley. The kid ran into the neighbor's garage door due to no brakes.
1) When I got to it I found no fluid in the reservoir. Filled reservoir and pushed pedal many times in an effort to remove the bubbles from the cylinder. Still no resistance on the pedal.
2) Still don't know where the fluid went to initially. No fluid coming out that I can see now and level does not go down. Still no resistance on the pedal.
3) Bled Rt/Rear and did not get any air.
4) While looking at the drum shoes while pushing the pedal, the shoes move ~1/8" but no more, and pedal goes to the floor.

Is it normal for the pedal to not have any resistance even before bleeding? Still don't know why the fluid went away the 1st time & don't see a leak. While bleeding Rt/Rear don't see a leak from anywhere.
Thanks for your ideas.

·
Registered
21 Posts
With air in the system (ie before bleeding) it is normal to not have any resistance at the pedal. I have not bled a mule's system, but if it is like other vehicles, bleed the entire system and then start looking for the leak. You may a leak that is only visible when the system is properly bled.
Jay

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Very well, looks like A-bleedin'-we-will-go. BTW, the drums look like other vehicles, even has the typical bleeder for open/close. Thanks.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts