Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Installed new carb on my 2000 kawasaki mule 3000,ran fine now after sitting it will not idle, can someone help me?

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Plugged passageway or pilot jet(s) in the carb are the most likely cause.
I agree with cookie monster, it is likely a plugged pilot jet in your carb.
IS THERE A WAY TO CLEAN THE PILOT JETWITH OUT TAKING THE CARB APART

·
Registered
755 Posts
The pilot jets did not change through the years but the carb may have so this diagram may not be exactly what you have. You will need the G designation of your bike to get an exact diagram on Partzilla, but this link will get you to the right area of Partzilla. The carb has to be taken apart to clean the jets.

·
Registered
933 Posts
remove and disassemble the carb to get the two pilot jets out

I find it easier to just remove the elbow from the intake manifold, with the carb and airbox still on the elbow (as an assembly). You will need a gasket. 2 actually. One for the carb bowl and one for the elbow where it mounts to the intake manifold.

if you pull the main jets, make note of where they came out of. They are different for each cylinder and it does make a difference if you swap them around. Makes them run weird. Pilots are the same for front and rear cylinder. there was a member here that suggested to me to drill the pilot jets with a #74 drill bit (if I remember correctly) which alleviated the hard starting and cold naturedness, and it does, HOWEVER in temperate regions like we have here (up to 100 deg temp change from summer to winter), it will be rich in the summer and perfect in the winter, or lean in the winter (hard starting/cold natured) and perfect in the summer. That's one reason EFI is far superior.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts