1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2001 Mule 3010.
Always ran great using Rec Fuel.
Use it at least a little bit daily.
Yesterday it just lost power, struggled to make it up my pretty steep drive way.
When in neutral the RPMs will rev high but when I put it in gear and put the pedal down it only goes about 1/2 speed and as I mentioned struggles with any sort of incline.
Any ideas?

·
Registered
3 Posts
Mine is doing the exact same thing. I’ve replaced fuel pump, rebuilt carb, adjusted valves, bypassed the fuel pump relay. I’m stuck.

·
Registered
907 Posts
is it running on both cylinders?? Grab a spray bottle with some water in it and spray the exhaust pipes where they come out of the engine. Do this after starting the engine from cold state, within about a minute of starting it. The cylinder that is running will evaporate the water MUCH more quickly than the dead cylinder. The dead one, check the spark plug first. If it's ok replace it anyway. If that don't solve it, it's possible to have a spark, compression or carburetor problem.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Mine is doing the exact same thing. I’ve replaced fuel pump, rebuilt carb, adjusted valves, bypassed the fuel pump relay. I’m stuck.

It ended up being the front coil even thought the coil tested good.
Pulled the plug wire off front cylinder and motor kept running.
I put the front plug wire back on and pulled off the rear and the motor quit. This told me it was running off one cylinder, the rear one.
I tested front coil and it tested good. Even the manual says if it tests good still try a known good coil. The rear coil is so hard to get to I just ordered a new coil.
Put the new coil on the front and it's fixed.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts