Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
While I really like my mule, I really wish it had better engine information available while in use. To rectify at least the lack of oil pressure info I would like to add at least a warning light. Is there any problem with adding a light to the dash panel that would tie into the existing wiring harness that is hooked up to the oil pressure switch? It looks like it should be fairly straight forward to put a light in the circuit and wire it like the one in the optional speedo, but maybe I am missing something. I have also thought about putting a Mechanical gauge in, but the light looks like it might be easier to do quickly.

Jay

·
Registered
3,787 Posts
You can tap into the oil pressure sensor and add a light as you state.

But, I would purchase the KAF25-004A-3 oil pressure gauge kit from Kawasaki and know what my pressure really was.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks RCW. Is the gauge a mechanical one with a tube that goes to the oil pressure port on the engine, or is it electrical so you can use existing wiring. If it is an electical one I assume it comes with a different sensor. A final question, can the gauge be mounted so it is not in the way on knees using whatever mounting bezel it comes with? The mountings I have seen show it where it would be easy to hit and since I am always whacking my knees already, I'd like to avoid something else in that area. I know I could always make something to use and mount elsewhere, just trying to understand how much work it will be if I go down that path.
Jay

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.