Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
One of my mule tailgate bolts has fallen off my 3010 Trans mule (only the good lord knows where) during my last ride. I looked through the owners and service manuals and can not locate that part Number to get a bolt or thread size. Does anyone know the bolt size/thread size needed for this?

thanks for your help

·
Registered
3,787 Posts
Not sure which bolt was lost, but at least there are only a few sizes to choose from.

The part numbers and sizes are listed on Kawasaki.com if you follow the Owner Info link to the parts diagrams. The bed is called a carrier.

The cable holder pan screws are 6mm by 10mm long. When I replace those I use medium strength allen headed replacements as they are easier to tighten.

The bolt in the rod that stops the bed (carrier stopper) is 6mm by 20mm long.

The bolts that hold the front to the sides are 8mm x 50mm.

The bolts that hold the sides to the bottom are 8mm X 20 mm.

All but the cable holders require nuts, and most require washers. Use blue LocTite to assemble the new bolt, and it will not rattle out again.

There are two threaded levers that fit in the tailgate lock rods. It is best to just buy any of those from Kawasaki if one of those shake out, and use blue LocTite there too.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
that is what is missing. the threaded lever for the tailgate. it has a rubber handle on the end. one for the left and one for the right side. they are used to lock and un-lock the tailgate.

i will contact the local dealership for a price. i think a metric bold will be much cheaper.

thanks for your help.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts