Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone have a 3010 Mule (2005) Owners Manual that they can scan the page(s) that talks about the LOCKING DIFFERENTIAL and then email it to me?

If so, please PM me and I will get you my email address.

Thanks

·
Registered
3,787 Posts
Not sure what you are looking for, but asking for pages to be copied from a copyrighted manual is technically unlawful.

You can get a very good depiction of the locking aspect of the differentials on Kawasaki.com by following the links to the parts diagrams.

You should have your own service manual, as between the torque converter and engine service it will pay for itself in the first year.

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Not sure what you are looking for, but asking for pages to be copied from a copyrighted manual is technically unlawful.
Are the Kawasaki police going to come knocking on my door? :rolleyes:

You can get a very good depiction of the locking aspect of the differentials on Kawasaki.com by following the links to the parts diagrams.

You should have your own service manual, as between the torque converter and engine service it will pay for itself in the first year.
If you took the time to read what I wrote instead of playing internet cop you would see I asked for the OWNERS MANUAL page on the locking differential. I already have the service manual.

·
Registered
442 Posts
Are the Kawasaki police going to come knocking on my door? :rolleyes:

If you took the time to read what I wrote instead of playing internet cop you would see I asked for the OWNERS MANUAL page on the locking differential. I already have the service manual.
I have an owners' manual, It says be careful and don't use the differential lock except on a slick surface.

·
Registered
3,787 Posts
Who knows if the kawasaki police will come knocking or not, but a crook is a crook and a thief a thief!

I was unaware that "scan" has a different meaning when asking for an e-mail copy! You must be a politician.

·
Registered
442 Posts
All that I found was that the differential lock should not be engaged above 8KM/Hr I would think that you should not use the differential lock when you are on pavement of a dry surface where there is good tracsion, this looks to me to just be common sense. This use of differential lock causes a heavy strain on the rear wheels and driveline, think about why there is differential lock? It does not allow the differential to work ( both rear wheels are made to turn the same rpms when it is in lock, so the differential lock should only be used when you are trying to go straight!

What is your problem, anyway? You should have all kind of noises using differential lock when you are in a sharp turn, that is a good way to damage your vehicle.

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
What is your problem, anyway? You should have all kind of noises using differential lock when you are in a sharp turn, that is a good way to damage your vehicle.
No problem. Just got the Mule and it did not come with an owners manual. Wanted to make sure I didn't do anything I wasn't supposed to with the diff. lock.

And RCW, hows about finding another thread to Pi$$ in?

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.