Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I read a bunch threads reporting the same problem but not one came up with a resolution, assume they fixed the problem.
Working on a 610 seems like lose power only when going up hill, feels like its bogging or starving for fuel, engine does idle if I let off on the gas peddle and it will regain power after 4-5 seconds but does it again after a few hundred yard. Some said replace the fuel pump with a 12v fuel pump but it never said if it actually fixed the problem.
What I know so far,
Valve adjusted, good spark, good battery
The carb was cleaned multiple times, OEM pulse pump and fuel filter was replaced, lines are clear.
Gas cap seals tight, good fuel.

Any idea what to troubleshoot next? TIA

·
Registered
05 mule 3010
6 Posts
I hate to go too simple, but have you checked the air cleaner? I had a problem with sluggish performance with my 3010 (wouldn't go faster than a brisk walk), and it turned out to be a crankcase overfilled with oil, which gets blown out the breather into the air cleaner housing, saturating the air cleaner with oil. The saturated air cleaner acts like a full time 'choke'.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I hate to go too simple, but have you checked the air cleaner? I had a problem with sluggish performance with my 3010 (wouldn't go faster than a brisk walk), and it turned out to be a crankcase overfilled with oil, which gets blown out the breather into the air cleaner housing, saturating the air cleaner with oil. The saturated air cleaner acts like a full time 'choke'.
You ae fine charles and simple is good
Air filter is good, dust screen is in place. Oil is good( between the high/low, didnt over fill), dipstick is in place, crankcase case check valve ( the oil catch thingy inline of the vacuum hose).
I don't mind putting in a 12V fuel pump if thats what it takes but I hate replace something that doesn't fix the problem.....

1 - 3 of 3 Posts