Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

21 - 21 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
I have mule 2016 case and had same problem. I was out checking coyote traps and the oil fill cap popped off. I looked everywhere on various site and it seems to be a problem with many vehicles even airplanes in Alaska. Imagine that happening while flying.
So seeing no one else has tried this idea, I thought I would give it a try. It's worked so far. I modeled it along the cab heater idea.
I built a steel box, riveted it, as I don't know how to weld, yet. Placed the box around the exhaust. I got high temp ducting race cars use for brake cooling. Ran the ducting , 2 inch, from the box over to that pesky tubing that freezes from the carb to crankcase. Cut two holes in the ducting, and removed existing carb to crank tubing. Put a size larger tube, with reducer at carb, to replace what I took off. It extends thru the brake duct. The brake duct terminates at a bilge fan under the seat. ( bilge boat part). When it's cold it draws heat from exhaust, thru ducting and discharges by my feet. Cab is not enclosed, yet, just built a tractor ca, this is next project.
The freezing issue is gone. Completely. The heat keeps it nice and warm.

21 - 21 of 21 Posts