Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello all, new member here.

I have a 2006 Mule 610, with 99hrs on it. The other day, I started it up after it was sitting about one month, and it had some issues. The engine turned over and ran for a few seconds, with me having to give it some gas to keep it going, and then just died. It tries to turn over but just won't. I checked the fuel filter, and it seems fine. Before I stored it, the battery was dead, and I charged it overnight, successfully. I drove it then to another garage where it stayed until the other day, when the problem started.

Thanks in advance for any help!

Aftershock
Fl

·
Registered
3,787 Posts
There is a universal theme with any engine that sits for more than a couple weeks without a fuel stabilizer. The carburetor jets and passages plug.

I would suspect that is the problem in your case. The issue is that fuels now days are oxygenated, that is they contain ethanol alcohol, and that results in fuel going bad in days instead of months.

With such low hours on your machine, I would bet your fuel is months old and has turned into a very aggressive acid in the carburetor that has resulted in gum and corrosion.

Once you get the carb cleaned by completely disassembling it, using a non-foaming high quality carburetor cleaner, inspecting all the components, and if everything is good putting it back together it will likely crank right up and run. Then add PRI-G to your fuel to prevent this problem from happening again.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
On top of the Carb, under where the choke is attatched, is a rubber tube that runs at a 90 deg. angle down, and isn't attatched to anything. It is connected to a fitting at the top. Is this normal? At the bottom is a fitting, I believe, that just points straight down, with a screw running out of the side..

I'm not the best when it comes to engines, so please bear with me!:oops:

·
Registered
628 Posts
That sounds like the carb diaphragm vent. You may want to look up your parts diagram on kawasaki.com under "owner info" to make sure. I'm not sure exactly how your carb is setup and the person who does; RCW is off hunting and only checks in on the forum. The best advice I can give is look up the parts diagram for your model and see if anything looks out of place. If nothing looks out of place (and I doubt it will) the advice that RCW gave is probably the case. You'll want to look into a service manual for your particular model and a clean work surface to disassemble your carburetor and clean it all out.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
That sounds like the carb diaphragm vent. You may want to look up your parts diagram on kawasaki.com under "owner info" to make sure. I'm not sure exactly how your carb is setup and the person who does; RCW is off hunting and only checks in on the forum. The best advice I can give is look up the parts diagram for your model and see if anything looks out of place. If nothing looks out of place (and I doubt it will) the advice that RCW gave is probably the case. You'll want to look into a service manual for your particular model and a clean work surface to disassemble your carburetor and clean it all out.

Thanks for the input. I appreciate it.

I was hoping to not have to take the carb out, but it looks like that will be the case! Once I get the linkage handled, it should be within my ability. lol

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.