Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a '97 2510 4x4 and have finally been able to get my hands on enough parts to install an accessory 50amp ND alternator.
I have been unable to find any wiring diagram information about this upgrade. The harness through Kawasaki is ridiculously expensive, and I'm certain I can craft a suitable facsimile, but specific diagram and particulars of install would be very helpful. Is an electrical diagram available in any of the service manual addendum? and if so, how do I source the info?

·
Registered
990 Posts
Does your alternator have a two pin plug connector or a 3 pin? They come either way. They are both easy to wire in. The larger lug goes to the battery through a 75A inline fuse. The connector, one goes to switched 12v+, then the other one or two depend on which style you have. Pretty easy, and diagrams are all over the 'net for either style. The 3 pin usually has "S IG L" on or near the connector. S=sensing (goes to an +12v source) as close to battery as possible, IG=ignition (basically turns the alternator "on" ), and L goes to charge Lamp. I don't remember on the two pin, one goes to ignition and I think the other goes to charge lamp. Which one is which, I do not remember.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Hi!

I am working on a Kawasaki Mule 2500. Probably a 94-99. Model is KAF620-C (so I assume it's C1).
Can't find the VIN - have looked extensively.

I was looking at replacing the 30w x 2 headlights with 36w x 2 LED headlamps,
and looking at a 41" light bar (100w+), which made me start to think about how much current can I pull.

Somewhere, I found the specs that the stock model produces 15 amps. The alternator accessory adds 50 amps, for a total of 65 amps.

I've found links that detail all the parts in the alternator kit, and the alternator for about $60 on ebay.

I'm curious as to where did you find the parts necessary to add the alternator? Looks like there is a pulley in the kit, along with a bracket for the alternator.

Thanks!

Edit: This is the link you need to see what the complete kit including the wiring looks like:
(can't post links yet)
www 2wheelpros com / oem-parts / kawasaki-kit-alternator-99995-1289-part dot html

This has a good blow-up if you mouse-over the image:
partsss com / en / kawasaki / spareparts / models / mule-3000 / 2001 / optional-parts12 / pid318652 dot html

This is the accessory part kit #: kawasaki 21001-1129 NOS

·
Registered
3 Posts
Adding (admin locked some board features, cannot edit prior post after post is 10 minutes old)

I have realized most of the wiring I need is in the stock harness:
  • for accessories, For this, adding a cigarette lighter, as a weatherproof dual socket, for a mag mount yellow safety light on roof, phone charger. Wiring and fuses are in the stock harness already ^
  • Run time counter. Necessary wiring already exists in harness, going to use a +12v switched line I think, On it's way, in the mail
  • oil pressure switch light indicator Wiring is in stock harness already, I suspect oil pressure switch is there, no light included on the dash though. 6mm lights have arrived, waiting for 9-pin 110 2.8mm block connector to interconnect dash lamp to stock harness
  • parking brake switch indicator. Wiring is there, again no lamp provided on the dash. Waiting for an additional motorcycle LED blinker - Will cause parking brake indicator (13mm indicator, bright red LED) to flash when parking brake handle is not fully down / released
  • headlights/illumination indicator ('hey dufuss your headlights are on' - indicator) Wiring exists but no lamp provided on dash. Waiting for 110 2.8mm block
  • Horn Complete wiring exists in stock harness, needed only add pushbutton switch on dash, and add horn (it goes under the radiator grill) ^

I can provide the existing wiring diagram (see attached) with notes (not provided yet, because I've been handwriting them on my copy)
I can also provide a video documenting the modifications and additions.

Attachments

·
Registered
990 Posts
Hi!

I am working on a Kawasaki Mule 2500. Probably a 94-99. Model is KAF620-C (so I assume it's C1).
Can't find the VIN - have looked extensively.

I was looking at replacing the 30w x 2 headlights with 36w x 2 LED headlamps,
and looking at a 41" light bar (100w+), which made me start to think about how much current can I pull.

Somewhere, I found the specs that the stock model produces 15 amps. The alternator accessory adds 50 amps, for a total of 65 amps.

I've found links that detail all the parts in the alternator kit, and the alternator for about $60 on ebay.

I'm curious as to where did you find the parts necessary to add the alternator? Looks like there is a pulley in the kit, along with a bracket for the alternator.

Thanks!

Edit: This is the link you need to see what the complete kit including the wiring looks like:
(can't post links yet)
www 2wheelpros com / oem-parts / kawasaki-kit-alternator-99995-1289-part dot html

This has a good blow-up if you mouse-over the image:
partsss com / en / kawasaki / spareparts / models / mule-3000 / 2001 / optional-parts12 / pid318652 dot html

This is the accessory part kit #: kawasaki 21001-1129 NOS

Find an FD620D engine on a lawn mower, and you could find the accessory alternator bracketry, pulley, etc. Some of the John Deere's had this setup, among others. I think Scag had one too. After all, all the Mule engine is, is a lawn mower engine missing it's governor. It's governed by the transmission's speed.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Find an FD620D engine on a lawn mower, and you could find the accessory alternator bracketry, pulley, etc. Some of the John Deere's had this setup, among others. I think Scag had one too. After all, all the Mule engine is, is a lawn mower engine missing it's governor. It's governed by the transmission's speed.

See link. He made the kit. It's a bracket and a pulley.

And he's interested in making more!

crap. can't post image or links yet.

www dot mytractorforum dot com / 12-john-deere-forum / 1087178-425-cab-project-all-finished dot html

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.