Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I threw a lot of questions out there about my 2510 mule. A little history is that it was running on 1 cylinder when it was brought in for repair. So far I have installed a new CDI and fuel pump. I also cleaned the carb and sprayed everything with starter fluid to check for intake leaks. I put on a new starter. (not a related issue) Yesterday I installed 2 new coils and caps. I also replaced a bent push rod. I just put 4 new ones in. The valves have been adjusted as well. It seems that I have gone full circle and am looking at the carb again for the 4th time. I have been wrenching on engines for more years than I want to say. Is it a bad idea to by a new carb? All the parts so far have not cured the problem. It still will not run on low rpm's. I tried to buy a new idle jet but it was discontinued. The old one seems ok and it is open with no crud in it. Does any one have a known good carb for sale? thanks for your time...

·
Registered
628 Posts
You put four new pushrods in the engine and upon reinspection had one of those bent again?

·
Registered
628 Posts
I'm not going to say it's a bad idea to buy a new carb because *sometimes* there is something actually wrong with the cabruretor body to cause it to be permanently damaged beyond all repair. Very rarely is that the case though.

Normally there is something else (or a combination of problems) including something stuck in a carburetor passageway that causes the fuel mixture to be erratic at certain RPM's or throttle trims.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts