Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey I'm new. Nice forum here. Finally messed up on some stuff on the bike I can't quite figure out myself.

I lost my gas key when going to get copies made of my replaced ignition block key. I was pretty angry about the whole situation. I was looking for a key code (if there is a generic one) for an 87 gas tank/rear key. My gas key used to start the bike, but the ignition key does not work with the gas tank. It fits but does not open. If that code is not generic, how hard is it to just remove the lock on the gas tank? It looks like it is multiple (allan?) wrench screws.

Also, the bike died in the middle of all this. It will turn over a time or two and then start clicking. When the clicking happens, the lights lose power so I am assuming the battery is nearly dead, however, not sure. This happened after three days of sitting in the rain. But of course, I need the key to get to the battery.

Any advice, besides just buying a new one, would be very helpful.

Thanks

·
Registered
7 Posts
Yeah...it sounds like you've got some battery problems. You could always get a small charger (I've got a tiny 1A charger...takes about 8 hours or so...)

1 - 2 of 2 Posts