Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 20 of 43 Posts

·
I AM THE DAD FROM ****
170 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This is my paint job ( apart from the tank)for my VN800 bobber project it has not been matt laquered yet but I think it looks the bolleax du chien my bobber will look as though it's a total rust bucket from the 40's.
What do you think guys? and yes there will be no chrome on this project!

·
I AM THE DAD FROM ****
170 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Close up pics

Here's some closer pics.
Instant rust in hours not years!

·
Registered
20,606 Posts
awesome... can't wait to see it all in place.

is the frame getting a similar treatment??

·
I AM THE DAD FROM ****
170 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
awesome... can't wait to see it all in place.

is the frame getting a similar treatment??
No I don't see the point,I am getting it blasted and powdercoated black, though I may just get the odd rust dribble blown in to specific areas and blast the frame with WD40 and take it for a bimble to allow it to collect the dust etc and the oil should protect the frame.I am hoping to show this one but at the same time make it an every day ride.

·
I AM THE DAD FROM ****
170 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
More pics of me paint

·
Registered
20,606 Posts
niice.
i like that.
will be cool to see it on the bike when she's done...

·
I AM THE DAD FROM ****
170 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
More pics of me paint going on!Tank now being rubbed down!

·
I AM THE DAD FROM ****
170 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
No I don't see the point,I am getting it blasted and powdercoated black, though I may just get the odd rust dribble blown in to specific areas and blast the frame with WD40 and take it for a bimble to allow it to collect the dust etc and the oil should protect the frame.I am hoping to show this one but at the same time make it an every day ride.
Change of plan now looking to powdercoat the frame pale/faded red!

·
I AM THE DAD FROM ****
170 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
fake patina = LAME
Real patina = bike falling to bits whilst riding at 80mph and killing me or anyone else and police hassling me and the bike failing it's MOT test ( strict legal requirement in England that a vehicle is safe to use on the road / highway) .
AND LAST BUT MOST IMPORTANT
IT'S MINE
ITS PAID FOR
I RIDE IT
AND I LIKE IT

·
USE BATH SALTS
298 Posts
Oi!! well in that case, i reverse my opinion.

not really.

·
Gone Out For A Ride......
79 Posts
As much as I agree some what with spitbeard, that it is fake and doesn't quite seem right. I must say that you are not the first to do this and obviously this form of art(?) is appreciated by the masses or the bikes and cars that have had this done would not have full write ups in magazines & winning awards at shows. After all a majority of the posts were enjoying it. I must appreciate the work and effort that you are doing to make your machine the way you want it, chop on man!

·
I AM THE DAD FROM ****
170 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Everyone is entitled to their opinion,it is a right that we have freedom of speech thanks to people like my grandfather who died in WW2.
And we are all different some like myself - and others who think that theirs is the be all and end all.
For some people it is hard to get the big picture especially when they have such a small screen.

·
I AM THE DAD FROM ****
170 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
As much as I agree some what with spitbeard, that it is fake and doesn't quite seem right. I must say that you are not the first to do this and obviously this form of art(?) is appreciated by the masses or the bikes and cars that have had this done would not have full write ups in magazines & winning awards at shows. After all a majority of the posts were enjoying it. I must appreciate the work and effort that you are doing to make your machine the way you want it, chop on man!
Thanks Frisco,you are a gentleman and scholar.
Ride free

·
Moto Mez
991 Posts
Why does it always go to freedom to do whatever you want? That same freedom of speech you have so does everyone else. It's just people opinions. People get so defensive when someone else doesn't like what they've done. You are not gonna please everyone. I have had people say they don't like what I've done. I don't get upset and throw the individuality card at them. That's their opinion, they are allowed to have it. Not everyone is drinking from the same cup of tea. I do appreciate your grandfather's sacrifice though. My grandfather flew B-17s during the war. There is nothing better than freedom.

1 - 20 of 43 Posts