Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,592 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just got a call from Beartooth that the seat I ordered in July came in, well Now I have a 3 day old new bike for 2 up riding. I wanted the Gel seat I ordered to replace the horrible stock seat, for 2 up on my 900.

I am happy and sad at the same time.....

·
Poser Proud®
3,778 Posts
LOL, isn't that the way it always goes.

·
Registered
1,592 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yeah, I was gust about to call them to cancel as I dont really need it now, that $ could go into the Strat, but I have been waiting so long I just could not let all that time waiting go for nothing.

I am sure I will like it in the end as it's a big improvement but I see the ones for the Custom on ebay for about $170, OH well......

·
2007 V2K Classic LT
131 Posts
I got a call this past friday afternoon from the dealer. They said my light bar is in for my V2K. I ordered it in june. Just my luck. They get it in right before Christmas. Guess I'll have to wait till Jan 08 to pick it up.

·
Registered
1,592 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Yeah pretty sad. That is one BIG reason I got the Strat over the VK2.
I go into a Yammi dealer and parts are on the wall. Not only do you get to see them you can buy them right there.
Kawasaki you have to order sight unseen and wait 6-7 months?
Sorry to say Kawasaki is loosing big money AND customers.

·
Registered
99 Posts
I hear the pains.

I called Kawi today to find out the chrome regulator cover was just shipped to my dealer. I ordered that in July. I was also told that the chrome "cargo collars" that where also ordered at the same time will never come in because Kawi decided to discontinue this part before it even shipped a one. Doesn't make sence that they advertise a part that never came to fruition.

steviej

·
Patriot Guardian
28,016 Posts
You could always call Beartooth back and ask if they still have any other customers waiting, and if so, offer to pass on the seat and buy some bling for the Strat!

I'm sure BTK can get Yammy parts.

·
Registered
394 Posts
Hmm. Lately I've been thinking I should just get a Goldwing when I get in the market for a new bike, as I loved my Voyager so much. Reading things like this makes me wonder if it wouldn't be good for me to stray from Ma Kaw a bit...

1 - 8 of 8 Posts