Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 20 of 80 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey,

Just wanted to pick the collective group mind ...

I carry my rain gear and a tire repiar/inflate kit, should carry anything else?

What do you guys and gals carry: every day ride, weekend / longer rides?

Thanks for your help!

Chad

·
Registered
1,476 Posts
I think that sums it up for me, outside of a few things like maybe a couple of allen wrenchs, locks for the front wheel & helmet, and clear goggles. I wear clear progressives at night or on grey days, and dark goggles on bright days.

Unless you count an extra pair of gloves, a towel, and some gator aid. That's it for me.

D

·
Registered
3,048 Posts
Socks, underwear, jeans, t-shirt, hoodie, extra night and day glasses, maps, water, cigars, lighter, tool pouch, zip ties, bungee cords... I hope you've got a Nomad...

·
Premium Member
568 Posts
anytime i ride i always have my rain suit, oil, tool kit, flashlight (i use a crank flash light so i dont have to worry about batteries), i need to put my spare headlight back in my bags. i am sure i have something else.

+1000 on the question i am interested in what people carry on trips.

·
Premium Member
4,749 Posts
in no particular order: spare shield for helmet, TP, old towel/rag, assorted zip ties, credit card, sun block, chapstik, camera, bottles of water, snacks, light rope.

I'm sure there's other stuff that I won't remeber until I start packing for a ride.

·
Premium Member
466 Posts
rain gear, face shield, sunglasses, amber and clear riding glasses, basic tools and tire plug kit, a rag or two, bungee straps and net, bottle or two of water and cell phone are allways on the bike when I ride.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Yeap '06 1600 Nomad!!

I'm a new rider, so looking for tips on what to carry. Thanks for all the suggestions, makes a lot of sense .. not to mention that I have the extra space! Might as well use it!

I think it's time to put together a few different travel bags!

·
Own The Day
2,809 Posts
9 outta 10, I've got a backpack, so in addition to basic tools, add longsleeve shirt, sweater, and bottled drink.

·
Registered
2,743 Posts
Things...

I always carry the following:
*Tire gauge
*Two medium size bungee cords
*Bottled Water
*Extra Clothing
*Cell Phone
*Bike Cover (if a threat of rain is imminent while parked at work)
*Kawasaki 'Wipe Away' spray can
*Rug to polish chrome
*Telephone #'s of my Kawasaki repair shop and tow company

·
Doc, I need a road trip!
1,398 Posts
Of course on long trips, I would have a t-bag and a roll bag with all the items I would need for multiple days, but what I always have with me would be a pen style flashlight, pair of reading glasses, (can't see crap up close) pair of sunglasses, tool bag, and a small socket set, rain gear, foldup extention mirror, cell phone, towel, maps, tire pressure guage, light jacket, pocket knife, full change of close if I'm going a couple hundred miles or more for the day, and a pop or water bottle. Probally forgot something :confused:
Oh I forgot spare fuses.....

·
nu2kawi
2,707 Posts
For long rides on the cruiser, glass cleaner, paper towels, cable with lock, sunglasses, bungee cords, asprin, bandaids, tire guage, small flashlight, maps, cell phone, tool kit, lighter, rags, small can of tire inflater, change of clothes.....for very long rides I might add a small helmet........short rides on the sport, cell phone, sun glasses.

·
900 LT
1,135 Posts
sun glasses, clear glasses, windbreaker jacket, sweatshirt, spare headlight, fuses, extra helmet 2 16oz bottles of water. --- for longer trips green slime and a foot pump, rain gear.

·
Registered
533 Posts
Drivers license, AARP Card (insurance and towing), crank light, tire guage, plexus, oil, dirty towel, clean towel, raingear, hat, extra gloves and tools...( I went out and looked in the bags) those are copies of cards and license and also $20 stashed in my super secret spot...oops...I also have a road flare and a bottle of water (were not in bag)

·
Patriot Guardian
28,016 Posts

T.P. FOR MY BUNGHOLE!!!!!!

·
Registered
541 Posts
ok maybe im just being stupid:roll: (and when i need it i WILL regret it) but i try to carry a minimum of junk with me. I got into riding watching those first episodes of motorcycle history/hells angels/sturgis rally/HD documentaries (etc.) on The History Channel- the whole idea of being 'free with the wind'... and all that crap:redface: On a long trip i definitly think a survival kit is neccessary, but just cruisin around and i bring my wallet, ins card and reg. maybe an extra pair of glasses:cool: but th..th..th..that's all folks!

·
Patriot Guardian
28,016 Posts
Seriously....
Left saddlebag holds a tire plug kit and 12v compressor, plus a couple of cheap ponchos.
Right saddlebag has a more complete tool kit than MaKaw provides, including a full set of SAE and Metric hex keys (many of my mods have used SAE hardware), basic electrical tools, loop of wire, tape, butane soldering iron and solder, shock pump, tire pressure gauge... and T.P. Oh... and my wife's folding cane and spare gloves (full if we're wearing fingerless, fingerless when we're wearing full).
There's still enough room in there for my wife's purse OR her jacket.
Windshield bag carries my cellphone and a spare pair of clear safety glasses for night riding.

When it's above 75 degrees, my jacket gets rolled up and stuffed into the left saddlebag.

·
Premium Member
711 Posts
Cigars, Cutter, Lighter, Extra Lighter. Oh yeah, extra goggles for night riding, cable lock, extra headlight lamp, rags, flashlight, I always carry my SOG knife on my belt, Tool Kit. There is probably a few more items, but I can't remember right now.

·
Registered
588 Posts
All the time:
Wallet, phone, sunglasses, water, granola bars, tool pouch that came with the bike.

I go from there depending on the ride:
Extra clothes/gloves/jacket liner/etc, more advanced tools, camera.

From there, whatever I may need (Long trip? Change of clothes. Want to eat lunch at a forest perserve? Food.).

I don't have a tire repair kit because I have tubed tires and spoked wheels. Not really a fix I can do on the side of the road. I've seen some portable stands that I may look into, but I doubt I'll get anything.

The only thing I really want to get is some rain gear.

1 - 20 of 80 Posts