Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
271 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok guys, need opinions on these 2 cruiser seats?

Stock seat aint too good on my ass,

Dave

·
Registered
146 Posts
Mustang seat...

I can only speak for the Mustang...

I thought the stock seat was ok...until I bought a Mustang seat...clearly one of the best upgrades you can do for your bike (and butt!)

The only problem now is getting off the bike...you will want to ride ALL day.

·
Registered
1,563 Posts
I have a Mustang Regal Touring seat on my Vulcan. The driver seat is amazing. Can go hundreds of miles without discomfort. My wife can vouch for the passenger seat. She is right there with me, and loves it. She wouldn't go more than 50 miles on the stock seat.

·
Registered
85 Posts
I have not owned a Corbin, but I did buy a saddleman w/ gelpads. Sold it after a month and bought the Mustang 2pc (800B classic). Best buying decision of my life! Mustang seats are all-day comfortable!

Ride On!

·
Registered
5 Posts
I had a corbin for my VFR and it was the hardest seat I have ever felt. Supposedly they form to your butt after a while but I just sold it on ebay instead.

·
Registered
4,352 Posts
re

i like mustang for comfort and corbin for looks :wink:

·
Registered
94 Posts
You can't go wrong with a mustang, and I highly recommend the driver back rest, I've been smiling ever since I installed mine

·
Registered
5,200 Posts
Well I guess I'll have to jump in an say I like my corbin ,it is a little firm for a while ( 2000 mi.or so ) but after it breaks-in it's pretty comfortable. It feels more like a saddle, I guess it's wear I live get kinda use to a saddle.<BG> Iv'e got the removable driver's back rest works great! Like Biko said the corbin looks better . On my 800 anyway!

·
Registered
226 Posts
My vote's for Mustang. Heard to many horror stories about Corbin not backing their product when it went bad. Love my Mustang Vintage Wide w/ driver's back rest.

·
Registered
837 Posts
both nice but i went with the corbin with the removable backrest also..you can see it on my scoot in the show your ride section...fits me well..no hot spots or unconfort on long rides either.. :wink:

·
Registered
5,200 Posts
Corbin's rule an mustang's drull. lol (just kidding guys) I think seats are like helmets and handle bars they are gonna fit everone differently,so you won't know till you try one to see if it's right for you . One thing's for sure either seat mustang or corbin will be a definite improvement over the stock brick.

·
Registered
94 Posts
nice backdrop for your bike pic woody, and your bike does look good with the seat. I decided to go with the mustang because nobody had anaything bad to say about them and so many good things to say so it was a safe bet, and belive me when I'm $500 on a seat it better be comfortable because I might have to sleep on after the wife finds out.... just kidding...kinda. Getting a realy good deal :D help me let go of the $
I'm gonna clean it this AM and take some new pics and post them later.

·
Registered
244 Posts
If you have the PN for the Mustang, check out discountcycleparts.com. Found the 2-piece tourer there for ~$325. Don't have the cash for it yet but it's a screamin deal.

·
Registered
837 Posts
check in directparts.com's saddle barn also.they have it all too...

·
Registered
271 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Mustang is Great

Ok guys, got the Mustang studded wide 2 pc set installed
Got about 50 miles on it and it really feels good, Firm
and no sore ass so far

also looks really good

Dave

·
Registered
1,563 Posts
Very nice addition. Your butt will love you forever :)

·
Registered
243 Posts
I'm thinking about getting the gunfighter from Corbin or the similar (Stiletto, maybe?) Mustang model. Does either one have a lower seating height? I don't want a lower height. Just want to know if one of them does. I notice in online ad for Mustang, they talk about lower profile where the Corbin doesn't mention this. That's why I'm thinking Corbin. What's your experience, anyone?

·
Registered
271 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
I am very pleased with the Mustang, It does seem to me that I sit a tad bit lower and slightly moore forward, but its very comfortable,
Highly recommended. Best $400 upgrade

just my .02

Dave

·
Registered
5,200 Posts
AJ - the corbin gunfighter is definitely more comfortable than the mustang fastback. I've ridin an 800 with a mustang fastback on it for a few miles. As far as the corbin seating you lower ,yes it does about an inch ,but the seat is wider than stock in the butt area so it actually makes you feel like your sitting a little higher. I'm 5'10" with a 32" inseam an I can touch the ground fine with the corbin. You can also send the seat back to corbin in the first year an they can do some mod's to the seat area to make it more comfortable if you need to . If you order from them direct they can do what they call a close fit an nose job ,which move's you closer to the front of the bike an narrow's down the side's of the seat for the shorter folk's, which I might get so the wife can ride it herself. The corbin gunfighter is the only seat that they make to fit the 800, where as mustang make's a few other styles to fit the 800 , an those are the styles that the other member's are commenting on. I've heard that the other mustang styles may sit you a little higher but not enough to bother with riding. The corbin also cover's the frame on both sides of the seat better, look in my pic above an it might show it. Go to the web site's www.corbin.com or www.mustangmc.com, an take a look at the seats on the bikes. Anyone on the forum will tell you either brand will be a major improvement over stock. Injoy spending the money .HAHA

·
I miss you, Deron
19,783 Posts
I have a Mustang two-piece with a backrest. The seat is VERY comfortable. I can't compare it to anything else, though, because I've never had a Corbin and the bike had the Mustang seat when I bought it. Never sat on the stock seat, thank god.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts