Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
581 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have been looking at the Mustang Touring Seat for my VN900 Custom, very interested. I got to ride about 80 miles last week, and my butt was getting sore. I see that a few of you have the Mustang seat. And most say they love it.

My question is! Seat height! A couple O Peeps say you sit 1" higher than stock, true or false? Im 5'7" with a inseam of 29" I do have a problem with seat height.

Proud American!:mrgreen:

·
Pinson, Alabama
416 Posts
i am only 5' 6'. Put on the Mustang seat you are talking about two weeks ago because i had the same rear end numbing problem you speak of. It does sit higher. My first ride was 250 miles with the seat and had no numbness. I bought a new pair of shoes with taller insoles to help the reach.

·
Registered
581 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks Van for the feed back. I rode only about 30 miles today, the weather here in Colo is great, anyway my rear hurt just after a few hours around town.
Going to tuff it out tomorrow sposed to be in the 70's again!
Thank you again!
Proud American

·
Mark in Houston
331 Posts
It is one inch higher and one inch farther back. I no longer can completely flat foot without sliding forward. Pull back risers solved the other. But the comfort improvement was worth it.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts