Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I found a mustang seat for a 1500 carb'd model #79210 and was wondering if anybody out there knows if this will fit a 2008 1600 nomad?. I am looking for a seat with a drivers backrest and found one on e-bay at a great price but don't want to get stuck with something I can't use.

·
Test Pilot
2,916 Posts
I found a mustang seat for a 1500 carb'd model #79210 and was wondering if anybody out there knows if this will fit a 2008 1600 nomad?. I am looking for a seat with a drivers backrest and found one on e-bay at a great price but don't want to get stuck with something I can't use.
I doubt very much that it would fit on the Nomad. Two completely different animals that year.
Call your dealer if you want make sure, or better yet, call Mustang.
Welcome to the forum ;)

·
Premium Member
841 Posts

·
Registered
134 Posts
I would be careful of "other" seats, its a bit like the oil or tyre question. I have kept the stock seat and have no problems, suits me and the wife fine. Some guys have gone the Mustang route and found it no better at all, others swear by it. For every person who is sold on an option, there is another who hates it. The ultimate seems to be the "day long", but I have even read a post from someone who spent the big bucks to get one and was still not happy with the result. Trouble is you wont know until you have ridden for a day on the seat to compare.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts