Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just couldn't ride another mile on the stock seat of my 2010 900 LT. Got a Mustang and it's a whole universe better. Like most comments on the Mustang it feels like it moves you up and forward, but forward just a bit. I would have preferred up and back but it'll work as it is. It's so nice to have a seat that supports you all over.

·
Lost but making good time
73 Posts
Some folks I ride with are getting ready for an iron butt and a butt burner weekend. I got a mustang and put it on last week as part of my prep work. Loving the seat but the backrest is worth the weight in gold.

·
Registered
116 Posts
I was totally unhappy with the 900's stock seat. It was nothing short of terrible.

The Mustang Wide is a significant improvement over the stock seat even if it did move me closer (I would have preferred farther) to the controls.

The mini backrest is simply a bonus on an already great seat.

·
Registered
29 Posts
I was totally unhappy with the 900's stock seat. It was nothing short of terrible.

The Mustang Wide is a significant improvement over the stock seat even if it did move me closer (I would have preferred farther) to the controls.

The mini backrest is simply a bonus on an already great seat.
+1 Best money I've spent on my custom.

·
The Bassman Rocketh
25,244 Posts

·
Registered
1,558 Posts
First ride I took the wife with me when we got the 900 we rode like 45 min. She was so uncomfortable we had to get off and get some lunch. After about an hour we mustered up enough courage to get back on for the ride home. Wasnt long after that I ordered my seat with backrest. I have rode by myself for 14+ hr to Va. She still has some issues with comfort but got a cruisin gear gel pad and now shes happy for hours.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I was able to ride more yesterday than I did the first day I installed the seat. Only put about 4-5 miles that first day. After spending a couple hours I appreciate this Mustang so much more. You really get some very nice back support from the passenger seat and the firmness of the Mustang just makes it soooo comfortable. I had a Mustang on a V-Star 1100 I owned many years ago and forgot how great a seat they were.

·
Old enough to know better
40 Posts
When I bought the 900 last fall, it only took five days to know that the stock seat had to go. I'd had a Mustang on the previous bike, so I expected a big improvement.

In that that first week, my wife and I went two-up on the stock seat and on the way home I literally had to drop her off (at her insistence) at a Target store to wait while I went home solo and returned for her in the car.

The next day I put on the Mustang and we went on a four-hour ride with no problems for her.

I've posted these photos once before, but for the benefit of those new to the forum and considering a Mustang, it helps to see the structural differences side by side.

(Drivers backrest removed for clarity.)

Especially significant for her was that the decorative studs on the OEM are aimed upward and she found herself most uncomfortable sitting on those metal studs. The Mustang gives a wider berth, and the studs are correctly placed on the SIDE of the seat, facing out not up, so as not to be sat upon. A major design flaw in the OEM seat!!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts