Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
this is my new ride. i love it. had it 5 months now and have put over 5000miles on it, and can't complain at all. i've put new mirrors, highway pegs, horn cover, grips, and fender bib. also custom mounted the license plate. as you can see, i like it lean looking. also have a great pair of chilhowee saddle bags and easy brackets........just added the mustang seat with backrest, windshield, and clear signal covers. :D love this ride!!

·
Registered
4,352 Posts
re

welcome master :wink: glad to have another white one on board :wink:

ride safe!

·
Registered
101 Posts
Now THAT is one he%# of a bike! VERY nice with a touch of easy modding. Like the look of the horn cover and the license plate. BTW. Does the white 1600 have originally two tone paintwork? This is the first time I see those....or then again I could have missed those before.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
thanks.. and yes the two tone is standard. the horn cover is actually a harley cover slightly modified. made a huge difference to the stock horn though, and very simple to do.

P

·
0 Posts
very nice ,,hope one day i can put my bike solo,maybe when my wife gets her bike :)

·
Registered
100 Posts
I'm especially interested in the horn cover and highway pegs. Is their a specific HD part or model I should look for? Also, who makes the highway pegs and how do they feel?

·
Registered
4,352 Posts
re

i have the horn cover also-get the one for a late model sportster
i forget the part # - its shaped like the horn

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
as bikeaholic stated, a late model sportster horn cover. i removed the bolt-on part of the bracket. then ground down the part of the mounting plate so you can't see it. very easy and quick. the pegs are Kuryakyn foot pegs with offset mounts and quick clamps. good range of adjustability and really comfy! i like them because they mount right to the frame when ordered with the 1.35 inch quick clamps.( don't care for the engine gaurd look) below is a link to the kuryakyn site. they canbe ordered from many online bike places also.

http://www.kuryakyn.com/category.asp?bn=metric&cn=Footpegs&sn=Highway+Pegs

·
Registered
100 Posts
Got the Sportster horn cover today, ground off the two outside tabs and Voila, a fantastic horn cover. Looks great. Thanks.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts