Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hope this works this time. Azonic bars, billet throttle tube, motion pro cables, FMF gnarly torque pipe, FMF tubine core II silencer, Uni dual element air filter and old rear tire. Some other small things aswell.

·
Official BTK Forum Pot Stirrer
37,387 Posts
not sure but I think this is the first off-road bike being shown. looks good

·
Registered
1,563 Posts
I know nothing about dirt bikes, but I have to admit it looks like fun. Nice bike.

·
Registered
1,803 Posts
I'm thinking about an off road bike but I can't decide between the KX250 or the KX500. Looks to me that they put the most of their R&D into the KX 250.

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks guys. :wink:

Yes, the 250 gets way more R&D. But the 500 was $1K less and a lot more powerful. I don't motocross. But, rather take this bike trail riding, hill climbing, and straight wide open blasting. Wanted a "new" toy and the price difference sold me. So did the power. 64.5hp stock. Weighs only 240lbs. Compared to the new aluminum framed bikes, it is a little heavy. Tall as can be(seat height).

·
Registered
4,352 Posts
re

nice pole climber :wink:

·
Registered
64 Posts
Green Knight said:
I'm thinking about an off road bike but I can't decide between the KX250 or the KX500. Looks to me that they put the most of their R&D into the KX 250.
Personally I'd go with the 250. Most of the 500's (all major brands) havn't changed much since the 80's. The 250 will definatly have better suspension, but the 500 has twice the capacity so you will probably get more torque.

·
Registered
99 Posts
Nice.. I gotta get me one of them, or maybe a KFX400

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
2004 is the last of the 500 2-strokes. Only Kawasaki has been making a 500. Honda stopped in 01 I believe. Yami stopped in 89 I think(was a 490). Suzuki never made a dirt bike that was a big bore as far as I know. Another reason I bought this 04 new. Last production year.
This thing will climb the steepest sand/ coal shale hills.
I appreciate all the positive feedback. Rip on people.

:twisted:

1 - 12 of 12 Posts