Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
94 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This is an up to date photo of my dirty bike, been too busy riding to clean.
Feel free to leave me a message or email if you have questions. I've done all my own upgrades but they've all been easy. I'm going to get a lightbar for it soon, maybe tomrrow, I'll be sure to post pics afterwards.

·
Registered
94 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
A slightly different view

·
Registered
1,563 Posts
Yeah, really pretty ride! :)

How do you like the driver backrest? I was thinking of getting one....

·
Registered
94 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thank you, you really need to see it in the sun to appreciate the pearl white.
I love the back rest, I highly recommend it. I got the 3 pc set from Discountcycleparts.com for $501.00

·
Registered
4,352 Posts
re

what kind of harley is that? :lol: :wink:

have you heard that? i have :lol:

·
Registered
487 Posts
Re: re

bikeaholic said:
what kind of harley is that? :lol: :wink:

have you heard that? i have :lol:
my answer to that question is: no its better than a harley :lol:

·
Registered
94 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Yeah I've got that a couple of times, I just tell them "actually it's a Kawasaki Vulcan", I'm real nice to anyone that's complimenting my bike plus I've met some nice people. Riding my bike is kinda like therapy so I want all the good karma I can get

·
Registered
94 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
thanks phatboy,
how do you like your risers? I was thinking about putting some on my bike but I'm rather tall and don't want to waste my money. I just got back from the GWRRA ralley in the valley in Salem VA, I was working, and my buddy had his hadlebars adjusted back and in which he REALLY need as his a short guy and barley reach the handlebars. what's your recommendation?
Thanks
ussnewco

·
Registered
2 Posts
Mustang seat

I just purchased a used 2003 Vulcan 1600 classic. It has a mustang seat and the bike sits higher than the new 2003 I demo'd with the stock seat. Can the rear shocks be lowered? Where did you purchase your add ons?
Thanks!

·
Registered
94 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Hi IMBIKES,
I'm sure the shocks can be lowered, but I don't know how.
I got all the F&S from the kawasaki dealer because I did not know about www.discountcycleparts.com then but now that's where I'm getting all my goodies

·
Rebel Rider
3,646 Posts
Sweeet........

Did you install the ISO grips yourself, how hard was it? I'm thinking of gettting some for my 800.

bluestringer

·
Registered
94 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
yes I did install the grips myself, it was not hard at all, had a little trouble getting the throttle cables back to the right spot. Count the theads on each and write it down, that's my advice.
I was a little concerned about spending so much on grips but I"m happy to say that it was worth it, they're very comfortable. I added the throttle boss too, make sure you've got right size allen wrench for that, that took a little getting used.
Hope this helps

1 - 15 of 15 Posts