Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i have a 1980 kawasaki ltd 550 with only 4600 miles.....i recently purchased the bike off some guy...how ever the bike is in mint condition turns on and runs good....i did notice a noisey sound when the bike was on....sounded weird to me but didnt think anything of it since the bike started up and ran fine....i drove it on the highway a few times well over 75 miles....i recently asked my mechanic to come take a look at the bike to tell me if it was okay....once i cranked up the bike he already pointed out the problem....he said the headers pipe to the left was not hot and only the other three were....he checked the sparks and there were spark on all four spark plugs....however that one cyclinder was not firing....the carbs were fine he said....the bike was not burning oil nor was it shooting out blue smoke....i dont get what the problem could be...the bike ran 75 miles per hour no problem on 3 cylinders!!! can someone help me out

·
Super Moderator
10,875 Posts
You might get a better response if you post in the mechanic's section.

·
Needs More Cowbell
11,774 Posts
Had the same problem with my KZ550. Ended up being a vaccum hose disconnected was all. Not saying that's the problem, but always check the simple stuff first.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts