Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
1982 KZ750 E3
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This is an update to a post I made a couple of months ago, but, allot has changed in just 2 months with this little jewel. When I bought this bike from a dealer, I bought it for $1500 ($1950 out the door) I made up my mind then that I would be totally committed to doing a full restore. I knew it had potential that they either didnt see or just didnt want to deal with. I was a true "diamond in the rough" that had allot of potential.
It has only 17k on the clock and other the 4 into one header and the Kerker exhaust, it is totally original, except for the Stater case and the Pickup case that was on it when I bought it. Those cases were replaced for some reason....more than likely due to is being dropped at some point in its life. Its for this reason that Im needing to replace the turn signals cause the plastic casings are ground off on the bottom sides slightly. So, I would say that I am 99% complete on my restore project.
Thanks to all that comment. (these photos and more can be seen here http://s280.photobucket.com/albums/kk174/natesplaceonline/1982 KZ750-E3/ )

·
1982 KZ750 E3
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks for the comments! Thought I would add a little more to this thread with some pics of the bike from the day I got it home and it was my garage for the first time. I was a cold and snowy day when I rode it home and couldnt wait to get started on it. In one of the pics you will see that the seat was split and I knew that was gonna be one of the first things I did, so, I got on Ebay and found a REAL LEATHER seat cover for $65. Then....found the sissy bar for $65. Then found a complete set of matching, ORIGIANAL side covers (all 3 covers, clutch/stater/generator) for $20. Didnt use the clutch cover as it didnt need replaced. I also stripped the forks and polished them.
Used almost a whole canister of "Blue Job" on the header pipes. If you look close enough from the before and after shots on the headers you can see that Blue Job REALLY works! Blue Job is worth its weight in gold....for real. That stuff could have cost 3x as much and it would totally worth it. Nothing like a good supply of Mothers polish too!

Here is a few of the pics....more detailed pics can be seen at KZ750 First pics 3-2010 pictures by natesplaceonline - Photobucket if interested.

Thanks for looking!

·
Registered
792 Posts
Yes, that's a very nice 750 E.

·
Registered
4 Posts
You have an exceptionally nice bike. I am trying to set up my 1981 KZ 750 E2 very similar to your bike. I am having trouble finding a luggage rack/back rest that fits. This weekend I am going to a motorcycle salvage yard to find a rack. Would it be possible to post photographs of the mount points on your rack? There a two racks available on ebay, however, they have different mounting arrangments. Thanks, Mike

·
1982 KZ750 E3
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
You have an exceptionally nice bike. I am trying to set up my 1981 KZ 750 E2 very similar to your bike. I am having trouble finding a luggage rack/back rest that fits. This weekend I am going to a motorcycle salvage yard to find a rack. Would it be possible to post photographs of the mount points on your rack? There a two racks available on ebay, however, they have different mounting arrangments. Thanks, Mike
I am sorry to say i dont have her any longer. I sold her almost a year ago and bought a Kawasaki Concours with the money i made on the restore. All the pics i have of her is already posted. I bought the luggage rack off ebay.

·
1982 KZ750 E3
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Which Concours did you buy the C10 or C14? I am thinking of doing the same thing, however, do not plan on selling the KZ.
I got a 2000 C10 with 9300 miles on it for $2250 out the door. I would have liked to keep the KZ but it just wasnt possible. You can see pics here if you like: 2000 Concours pictures by natesplaceonline - Photobucket

Hope you can find a great deal as well my friend. Let me know how it works out for you.

·
Registered
1 Posts
What does the last letter 'E' in this case denote for the KZ series? I am currently looking at a 82 KZ750E on craigslist and wondering what the differences are.

·
Registered
4 Posts
For your 1982 KZ 750 the E model is what could be called the "Standard". Very comfortable bike. Compare this to an "LTD" which willl have pull back handlebars, forward foot controls, and a fat back tire. The E model is very comfortable for me to ride, I enjoy mine a great deal.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts