Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
456 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
It's been on the road now for a few months, with gasoline prices so high I'm riding it almost daily and loving the fuel economy. I need to shim the front springs (zg1200 units) as they will bottom under hard bumps or just pony up for Progressive replacements. The old single piston front brakes, having been rebuilt, are more than adequate for the street. Having a 2mm overbore on a 1000 delivers the torque to pass without downshifting (ZX11 pistons on ZX10 rods). The jetting on the GPZ900 carbs is as good as I could get it with the Dynojet supplied needles and jets. I guess there's a flat spot of sorts from 4-6 grand that isn't really noticable because it progressively revs until the mains are fully exposed then IT SCREAMS TO REDLINE. I need to cobble together a GoPro or phone mount and record it. Anyhow it took me longer to finish (over a year) and a bit more money than anticipated but I'm happy.
Tire Wheel Plant Fuel tank Vehicle

Wheel Tire Vehicle Automotive fuel system Fuel tank

·
Registered
456 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I took it out on the highway today and discovered a brick wall on the tach at 8000 rpm :( The revs rises sharply at 7k then it just holds at 8, 120 mph indicated. Redline is 10,500. Also after a second run it stalled coming to a stop. I think the #140 mains are too small, it was the largest in the Dynojet kit but that's made for a 900cc bike not 900 carbs on a 1000. It also may need a fuel pump. Needle clips are on the top groove, any lower and it's too rich. I sent a technical support case to Dynojet to see what they suggest.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts