Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello,
I am new to the site and searching for some advice. I recently purchased a 2006 ZZR 600 that had some front end damage I have since repaired. It is missing the plastics. It has just 7k miles and starts and revs perfectly but when under load it starts to heave at about 30-35 MPH and will not get over 45 MPH. It has new plugs, a new battery, the carbs were just cleaned, all fluids are new, new air filter, new fuel filter and yet I cannot figure it out. Any advice? Thank you for your help.
Heath

·
Old Man Riding
930 Posts
You have to twist the throttle to get it to go faster.

:) sorry - couldn't resist.

Any chance you have some type of CHOKE that's set wrong? You said "carbs", so I know they have a choke. Just something to check. I agree with acergremlin though.

·
Dark Angel of Sin
12,020 Posts
check the air induction lines if it got bump or lose will cause bike to act like that :)

hope you get it worked out .

·
Registered
2,771 Posts
My first guess would be the ram air system is not connected properly or is blocked some where.
Yep that's my guess especially as it's had a front end smash.

If you disconnect the ram air pipes the Bike will give exactly the symptoms your experiancing..

Make sure everything that i have arrowed in the picture is present & connected up.....

1 - 5 of 5 Posts