Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
101 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
First time I get some pics around here. The bike isn't finished, but we'll see what's coming up during next winter. As you can see, no big changes are made on the appearance. Reason might be I like the stock looks..?

Still, floorboards and exhaust are added, Kawasaki OEM. But not stock 1600 parts... Will be adding better pics after I find some beautiful backgrounds.

Stock bike can be seen here:

http://www.fuusio.net/joonas/index.html/kuvat/105_0569.jpg

·
Official BTK Forum Pot Stirrer
37,387 Posts
I like the "dual" side by side pipes, where did they come from & how hard was the installation

·
Registered
101 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
The pipes come actually from a 1500 Nomad. The installation isn't very hard, but you have to manufacture brackets to hang the rear mufflers up. They can be seen on the pic. I'm not sure though if american models have fittings for fastening the "goat belly", since mine is a european model with a catalysator if it own.

I'm adding Nomad stock saddlebags as soon as I get a pair of used ones. In this case, manufacturing saddlebag brackets comes in question. Also in this case hanging the mufflers won't be a big problem.

·
Registered
4,352 Posts
re

i like the duals too-only seen 1 other like that (red one) 8)

·
Registered
2,564 Posts
Those oem pipes make your 1600 look very unique. Once you get the nad bags on people will think it is a Nomad. Let us know how the install works out.

·
Registered
101 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Phatboy,

I'll do that IF I change my mind about the bags. The thing is I'm going for leather ones...maybe Honda Valkyrie OEM. The looks on them are great, they're easy to use, no worrying about paint scratches and more simple to install. The Nomad bags would need stronger brackets to be manufactured.

Well, I might also let you guys know when and if I get them installed. My bike is winterized until next April, so I'm working on my car right know.

Here's a another pic about the overall looks behind the bike. I know, I know, the license plate is huge...but what can I do after putting some angle on it...? Maybe relocate it..that's all..

1 - 9 of 9 Posts