Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

My 82 Gpz750 Project

11K views 26 replies 13 participants last post by  tri650 
I'm trying to upgrade my front also. Racetech don't have this bike listed so I can't confirm which fork springs to get. Can anyone tell me the fork spring length for this model (1982 GPz750).

Off to do my intro now...

According to this the 11-1104 is 19.12" (486mm) long and needs a 1.3 spacer. I'm assuming thats 1.3" which makes the maximum possible spring length 20.42" or 518.6mm.

I'm not a hug fan of the Progressive brand springs as the spring wieghts are pretty low. Being 105kgs (235lbs) and ride the poor girl pretty hard, I don't think they will be up to it.

Looking at the Racetech website, they have springs listed for the KZ1000 which are 500mm long. I'll probably just have to take into consideration the different in the weight of the bikes when choosing my spring rate.

Here's a pic (as I know we all love pics!!)

Since that pic I've replaced the rear shocks (Hagon), which have helped out the sloppy rear end endlessly.

I've got SS braided lines waiting to go on, so the front forks are the final mod (for a while).

tri650, sorry about the thread hijack...any progress on your bike?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.