Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner
21 - 27 of 27 Posts
Hey tri650... any progress lately? I'm using you for motivation on my projects - but, I live in Alaska (with no garage), so must wait a little longer for warmer weather! :)

Tone

Discussion starter · #22 ·
Not a lot of progress. Got the motor out of the frame and nned to trace down an oil leak. Still have parts at the powder coater. I have the frame stripped down so I will be taking it to get blasted and painted. Am looking for a new front end on eBay - 87-06 gsx750 supposedly works. If I can find one cheap I will buy it to make sure it fits. Had visions of having it ready for a track day in May but I can already tell that ain't gonna happen.

Discussion starter · #27 ·
Ha - I came across my own thread after 5 years. After sitting with little progress I got some major momentum the last year and would say I am about 90% done. Unfortunately over the years I have misplaced, lost or broken some of the parts. Also, running into a few questions about wiring, routing of cables, etc. Could use help if anyone has an 82 and could take some pics for me. Or, if you have any extra parts you want to unload let me know. Mostly what I need are miscellaneous bolts, spacers, brackets, etc. Have found NOS on Bike Bandit but would prefer used if available.

If anyone is working on an 82 GPz I have two manuals that may provide info if you need anything.

I will post updated pics this weekend.

21 - 27 of 27 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.