Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
63 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Here she is, all finished. Bought it for $600 in Feb w/ 21k miles on it. from a wholesale lot. It had been sitting for a year outside. The before photo looks much better than it was... paint was thin and transparent in spots, tank was dented, bodywork cracked and scratched, windscreen opaque and spattered with housepaint... tires cracked and faded, chain totally rusted. After I dismanteled it, I found out whoever owned it before really messed her up bad. The rear license assembly was cut out with a hack saw or a sawz-all, and the front signals were in the back. The front had some cheap aftermarket signals not meant for this model, and the license plate was bolted to the frame... but to get it on it was bent all to @!#$ and the top portion was cut completely off.

Anyway, long story short... new windscreen, mirrors, signals (i'm getting integrated with the mirrors soon) sprockets (engine & rear), chain, heavy bodywork and paint, tires, cluth cable, K&N air filters (the original smog equip and airbox was gutted by captain sawz-all), and I welded a new license plate assembly that integrated the rear signals (not pictured)... all topped with light engine tuneup and carb dialing. I loved doing it, and total I think I spent $1300 including the initial purchase. Runs like no tomorrow! I've put about 3000 miles on it since July on various mid and long distance trips. Enjoy!
 

Attachments

·
the "fun" guy
Joined
·
32,859 Posts
You did an Excellent job! :)
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
512 Posts
very nice job, it almost looked like it was sitting in a barn or junk yard in the first picture.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
63 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanx

Thanx. The first photo is in the workshop, lotsa tools in the bg. If anyone's interested I'll post pics of it all dismanteled too. Originally I was just going to paint it, but when I realized what I was dealing with I took the whole thing apart and even re-wired it. I went through about 3/4 a roll of electrical tape just re-wrapping the wire feeds.
 
1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Top