Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
vulcan rida
46 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
this is my 900 custom bought it last september completely stock. Since then i have painted air cleaner cover, belt cover, fender strut covers, and wire cover on left side, all black. i got some black hard krome strippers that are extremely loud and i love it. I put a classic fender on it and custom made a turn signal and led license plate holder. was gone get a pic of it but camera messed up so only have two pics of the bike right now. but I just ordered a willie and max solo seat which to me looks the best. But i was just wondering what yall think i should do next? wanted the big tire kit but it aint in my budget.

·
Registered
114 Posts
Front Forks or at least the lower covers need to be blacked out. Its looking real nice and I like the classic fender in combination with the custom front end but there seems to be more chrome up front. doing the forks will balance it out. Verry nice work so far good looking bike.

·
This snow has got to go!
513 Posts
do the 'poor mans fat tire kit' and just jam a 230 on the stock rim.

I did and am lov'n it!

Edit: with that huge a55 rear fender on there you wont be able to see much of the 230 I guess.

You can see how some of my mods look by clicking on the meancycles profile link in my sig for some ideas if you want.

My strippers dont have that chrome end piece. Where did you get that?

·
vulcan rida
46 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
do the 'poor mans fat tire kit' and just jam a 230 on the stock rim.

I did and am lov'n it!

Edit: with that huge a55 rear fender on there you wont be able to see much of the 230 I guess.

You can see how some of my mods look by clicking on the meancycles profile link in my sig for some ideas if you want.

My strippers dont have that chrome end piece. Where did you get that?
thanks man. Ill prob put a 200 tire on it next time i get a tire. but i made the end cap. I work at a machine shop so stuff like that is pretty easy to make. i made it out of stainless and polished it up. But you can buy them for like $80 with different end designs i think. But dang them pipes sound good though.

·
Registered
29 Posts
What did you use to paint the misc. chrome pieces? Looks great btw. Maybe paint the headlight bucket and turn signals black too?

·
vulcan rida
46 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
What did you use to paint the misc. chrome pieces? Looks great btw. Maybe paint the headlight bucket and turn signals black too?
gvanlaar -i scuffed them all up with like 600 grit. then sprayed them with epoxy primer and wet sanded them after with 1000 grit. the paint is satin (or eggshell) black. and it does have a special clearcoat on that actually makes it satin.

lilduec- I think im gone paint my wheels instead of powdercoat. i believe i could do it myself for cheap. Only thing i would have to buy is the paint.

·
VN 900 Classtom
1,689 Posts
Looks like the only thing you're missing is a intake, cafe windshield & some grips :)

Nice ride

1 - 13 of 13 Posts