Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 20 of 63 Posts

·
Registered
12,874 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well, to finish up my 900LT saga.....
Took it to the dealership in Manassas, that the other dealership recommended to us for transmission work. In fact, on the service paper from the Fredericksburg dealership, they wrote that their recommendation was for the transmission case to be split and checked.

Well, Manassas called and said they drove it around the block, it sounded fine to them, come pick it up, there's nothing wrong with your bike!!!! WTF?!!!!!! :confused:

So, we go pick it up today. First, Fredericksburg had my bike for a month and when we picked it up from them the battery was dead. No biggie. Well, Manassas charged me $23.70 to "charge and test battery". Then they charged me $55.30 to "check noise from transmssion", and the guy already told us his mechanic test drove it and decided the noise was normal!!!! So I paid a bill of $83.15 when all was said and done!!!!!!

I am NOT happy!!!! I only went to this dealership that was 2 hours away from where I live because the other dealership sent me there for the transmission work, which they wouldn't touch. I didn't even run the battery down, but yet I paid for that too!!!!!!

I'll have to video my bike for everybody to hear this noise. Our regular mechanic said it is NOT normal and the other dealership said it is not normal. We have been on the PA Forum rides and been around many other belt driven bikes and none of them had this noise. My bike didn't develop this noise until recently. GRRRRR!!!!!!

·
IBA#34418
6,332 Posts
What the heck? What about the 2 year warrenty? Sounds like its time for you and your dealer to get Kaw involved and get your money back. That is just plain Bull****!

Maybe time to throw around the Lemon Law speach too?

·
Spinach Eating Moderator
22,962 Posts
I'm sorry to hear this news Cheri.

I'm betting that the Mechanic is just spoiled with a generous amount of work, and didn't feel like properly diagnosing your bike, as it didn't appear to be serious enough in his opinion.

Basically, it sounds like he's blowing you off. :|

·
Registered
19,728 Posts

I'm betting that the Mechanic is just spoiled with a generous amount of work, and didn't feel like properly diagnosing your bike, as it didn't appear to be serious enough in his opinion.

+1.

Call Kawasaki ASAP. They are treating you like crap, and you are paying for things you shouldn't be.

·
Registered
3,156 Posts
Dang girl, sounds like a lazy mechanic to me. You're home mechanic doesn't feel up to the chore and the away guy doesn't care about it. Back to the guy that cares and the phone to Kawi. I'd also get ahold of Kawi and ask why the dealer is allowed to let your bike battery die and then charge you for it.

Keep us updated.

·
Alf not Elf
3,412 Posts
Gee Cheri sorry to hear about this saga. Dealers around here are just as incompetent in fact I am not welcome at one of them anymore. After being treated like crap for the zillionth time I lost it and threatened to kick the owner service managers a$$. Needless to say I am not welcome there so big s$$$ there loss as they were not doing anything for me anyhow. LMAO.

·
Registered
12,874 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
It just stinks :(
It's one thing if the service manager doesn't want to be bothered with my bike, but to CHARGE me for the lousy little "services" just blew me away!!!!!!

Chaz asked the guy if he realized the bike was still under warranty, and he said yes. So Chaz asked him why we were being charged...his reply, "It would have to have something wrong to be covered by warranty!!!!"

·
900 LT
1,135 Posts
Surly the fact that you own 2 fairly new kawasaki's would carry some weight with Kawasaki.

add it up 14,000 for the nomad and 7,000 for the 900 is 21,000 no matter how ya slice it!!!

·
Doc, I need a road trip!
1,398 Posts

What Todd said! +1

·
IBA#34418
6,332 Posts
"It would have to have something wrong to be covered by warranty!!!!"
OH BULL!!!! My dealer didn't charge me for the stuck in 3rd gear thing when I first got my bike. Long before Kaw admitted there was a problem.

Sorry you guys... that dealership just sucks!

At least its winter and not the middle of summer! Had to end on a positive note!

·
Alf not Elf
3,412 Posts
It just stinks :(
It's one thing if the service manager doesn't want to be bothered with my bike, but to CHARGE me for the lousy little "services" just blew me away!!!!!!

Chaz asked the guy if he realized the bike was still under warranty, and he said yes. So Chaz asked him why we were being charged...his reply, "It would have to have something wrong to be covered by warranty!!!!"
Same answer when I took my bike in for the stalling problem which now is common knowledge with the recall for ECU out finally. Dealer charged me $100.00 under the premiss nothing was wrong. Then when I got the ECU recall for the stalling he refused to refund my money and or put me on the list for ECU replacement so I lost it. Called Kawasaki not much action there either just excuse after excuse.

·
Registered
269 Posts
I'll have to remember not to give them any of my money. It's the dealer on Mathis Ave, right?

·
Doc, I need a road trip!
1,398 Posts
Sorry Cheri...

I would have came unglued. What do people think, to treat customers like that? Maybe business is so good they don't give a rip! What is really sad, is to put you through all that for nothing, and charge you to boot. Common courtsey should have dictated to put the charger on your battery at n/c, especially since it was charged when you brought it to them.
How much longer do you have until your warranty runs out Cheri? If its got alot of time left, then I would say run it until it craps, then they will HAVE to fix it. Of course on the other hand you don't want to be stranded either. Where can you go to get another opinion? Good luck, like someone already said, $20 k plus, and still get blown off :mad: I hope it ends up on a positive note for you, at this point, it just sucks!

·
Registered
12,874 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Pretty screwed up.....It Sucks
+1
Well, it is VERY WELL documented now that I have tried to get this taken care of. I'll just keep riding until something more concrete develops from this. For now, maybe I'll upgrade to those Vance & Hines pipes and I won't hear the noise :shock:

·
Registered
12,874 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Come to think of it.....he made comments to us that implied he thought we may a little "slow", like:

"Well, I don't know when you put the windshield on, but that could have made a difference in how the engine will sound"
DUH! It's an LT model, which means it came with the bike!!!!!

"If you went from a full face helmet to a half helmet or beanie, you will hear more engine noises now"
Is he serious?!!!!!

"The engine guard chaps will echo the engine noise"
Again, DUH! Had the chaps last winter and didn't hear this noise!

·
Registered
789 Posts
It may not set well with you now but you do have an established "history" if the noise is just that you may have to live with it. Of coarse as someone had posted earlier maybe new pipes will drown out the "noise". I know you or any of us don't want problems if we're on a road trip so I hope it is just a weird noise. As a new rider myself I have no idea what is normal and what is not that is why I opted for the extended warranty and road service on my insurance. Hope your problem is resolved and good luck.

·
Registered
12,874 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
It may not set well with you now but you do have an established "history" if the noise is just that you may have to live with it. Of coarse as someone had posted earlier maybe new pipes will drown out the "noise". I know you or any of us don't want problems if we're on a road trip so I hope it is just a weird noise. As a new rider myself I have no idea what is normal and what is not that is why I opted for the extended warranty and road service on my insurance. Hope your problem is resolved and good luck.
Yes, it is established, so I'll just ride, ride, ride!!!!! It's covered under warranty, so I won't fret any more. I'll just get those new pipes now!!!! :lol:

The other dealership had suggested the problem is probably something very small anyway....like something loose or rubbing. The bike does run perfectly fine and shift fine....just started making this crazy noise!!!! :frown:

1 - 20 of 63 Posts