·
Registered
561 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Here is what I started with for $700.

Putfile - Uploaded Picture

And another $330 this is what I have now.

So far the engine is bone stock other than the HotRods crank and Wiseco piston. I will be installing a V-Force3 reed valve this week, It has Renthal drive line and brand new Dunlap rubber. The bike has not ran in 2 1/2 years and she started on the third kick. I can't wait to get it dirty this weekend.:mrgreen:

·
Registered
186 Posts
Looks good, for a 98 it looks really clean, usually the swingarms are all beat to crap. You said you were going to use the flat top piston, who did you have cut the head? Tom Morgan did mine, it was sweet, not that the 98 needs more motor, it was already brutal. I've had a new 250 each year from 98 to 06, I think the 98 had the best all around motor, the newer bikes say 04-06 have good mid and up power the 99-02 were turds in stock form compared to other years, yeah I know thats going to generate some controversy but thats my opionion. throw the flat top, pipe and some porting then they'd run.

Anyways nice bike your going to have a ball with it.

·
Registered
65 Posts
I have mine completely disassembled too. Revalved, resprung & rebuilt the suspension, stem bearings, sus. linkage bearings, rear wheel bearings, shock mount bearings, chain & sprockets, chain guide, seat cover, rear brakes, new brake fluid, front tire, handlebars, grips, lubed cables, replated cylinder, new piston, rings, and last but not least, painted the frame. After I got started I just decided I was going to make my ride stand tall for next year, spare no expense and completely go over EVERTHING. I can't freakin WAIT!!!

·
Registered
561 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
The V3 reed valve arrived today. I will install it tomorrow and after I return from the desert on the 25th I will let ya know how it ran and what I thought about the V3.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts