Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Sara (my riding buddy) and I met at Starbucks in Snoqualmie, from there we took off for Leavenworth via Hwy 2. Surprisingly enough there was quite a bit of traffic out, but after doing some serious passing we were free and clear and hit the pass. The sun was shining, birds were singing and I pegged it at 100 and took the pass with sheer joy. When we hit the summit, due to loose gravel from the patched road we took it down a notch to 90. But as we left the summit, things quickly went downhill. Washington State Patrol was running radar, I slammed on the brakes when I saw him, but he nabbed me at 84mph.

So he pulls me over, I'm sitting on my bike not saying much to the cop. Sara pulls off her helmet, shakes out her long blonde hair, unzips her jacket, and starts working her magic. Except this time, it didn't work.

Fifteen minutes later we're back on the road, this time with Sara leading, when this guy pulls up behind me on a Sport Touring Bike. He tails me for about 5 minutes. Then he buzzes me - and the chase is on (yes dear reader, Miki IS an idiot) I'm on his tail real tight, when the realization hits "I AM an idiot" so I back off and Sara (shaking her head) again takes the lead.

We have lunch at the Renaissance (do NOT go there to eat) then hit Blewett Pass where we encountered 3 State Patrol, but I was on my best behavior by then, so no other problems occurred.

I can only say that Sara was truly wonderful thru my temper tantrum on the side of the highway, refusing to eat my crappy lunch, and my general crabbiness the rest of the day.

Miki

·
Registered
1,803 Posts
I'm not sure what I would do if a cop saw me doing around 100+. It would be REAL temping to just hit the gas and blow him away (most of the roads I run there would be no back up for him to call before he couldn't see me anymore and I turned off, especially if he was parked or going the other way)

Actually, it did happen one time but I didn't know it. I was going through town (yes, I have my stupid moments) with a bunch of other guys on sport bikes and so we're all showing off and I take off doing about 75 or 80 in a 35 zone (past a hospital none the less hehe) When the other guys caught up to me they told me I blew past a cop doing that crap. I was like "no way." He had been going the opposite way across the median so he had no chance to even try to tail me. I don't do that by myself, for some reason I feel like I'm safe from cops when I'm with a bunch of other bikes. And if you think about it, it would be hard for them to catch just one.

·
Official BTK Forum Pot Stirrer
37,387 Posts
mikimoto said:
Sara (my riding buddy) and I met at Starbucks in Snoqualmie, from there we took off for Leavenworth via Hwy 2.
Miki
Did you take Hwy 203 up to Monroe to get to Stevens Pass?

....oops...supposed to be gurls only, my bad

·
Registered
3,122 Posts
mikimoto said:
Sara (my riding buddy) and I met at Starbucks in Snoqualmie, from there we took off for Leavenworth via Hwy 2. Surprisingly enough there was quite a bit of traffic out, but after doing some serious passing we were free and clear and hit the pass. The sun was shining, birds were singing and I pegged it at 100 and took the pass with sheer joy. When we hit the summit, due to loose gravel from the patched road we took it down a notch to 90. But as we left the summit, things quickly went downhill. Washington State Patrol was running radar, I slammed on the brakes when I saw him, but he nabbed me at 84mph.

So he pulls me over, I'm sitting on my bike not saying much to the cop. Sara pulls off her helmet, shakes out her long blonde hair, unzips her jacket, and starts working her magic. Except this time, it didn't work.

Fifteen minutes later we're back on the road, this time with Sara leading, when this guy pulls up behind me on a Sport Touring Bike. He tails me for about 5 minutes. Then he buzzes me - and the chase is on (yes dear reader, Miki IS an idiot) I'm on his tail real tight, when the realization hits "I AM an idiot" so I back off and Sara (shaking her head) again takes the lead.

We have lunch at the Renaissance (do NOT go there to eat) then hit Blewett Pass where we encountered 3 State Patrol, but I was on my best behavior by then, so no other problems occurred.

I can only say that Sara was truly wonderful thru my temper tantrum on the side of the highway, refusing to eat my crappy lunch, and my general crabbiness the rest of the day.

Miki
Thanks for sharing your ride, I like to hear where you go and what happens along the way! Sorry to hear not such a good day, but you made it home safe.

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
spok said:
mikimoto said:
Sara (my riding buddy) and I met at Starbucks in Snoqualmie, from there we took off for Leavenworth via Hwy 2.
Miki
Did you take Hwy 203 up to Monroe to get to Stevens Pass?

....oops...supposed to be gurls only, my bad
Took the 202 to the 203 then on to Hwy 2. For the return we took Hwy 2 to the 97 to the 970 to I90 then back to North Bend.

If you're ever on Hwy 2, take it REAL easy when going thru the town of Sultan, the police are extremely BAD over there, whether you're on a bike or in a cage.

Miki

·
Official BTK Forum Pot Stirrer
37,387 Posts
mikimoto said:
If you're ever on Hwy 2, take it REAL easy when going thru the town of Sultan, the police are extremely BAD over there, whether you're on a bike or in a cage.
Thats right, Sultan and Gold Bar are both traps....

·
Registered
142 Posts
my lucky ride.

i can feel where your coming from cop-wise. i considered myself extremely lucky the other day. a very nice day mind you. sun is shining, winters at its end, and springs winds blow with rejuvination. so i, being **** bent at times, decide it's time to show off. at a redlight, i wind out 1st and slam on second. it was nice. while looking to my left i see a cop car who doesn't have lights on top. he looks straight at me eyes locking while my nose is at 10 o'clock. he was faced the other way so i had the jump. i live a short ways away and promptly hauled a** to the back yard. after taking off my helmet and gear i peek around the house only to see the same cop looking for me. thank you God (you girls have a gift, use it) but not on me, you confuse me enough as it is. Fulltilt.

·
Registered
285 Posts
Ive passed a few cops doing 75-90 in a 55 etc.. and they havent bother to turn around and get me, but I know if I were in a car they would in a second, thats how jersey cops are. I think cops relize if you do go past them speeding whats it worth to them compaired to a car, a car will cause a major wreck if it hits a car doing 90, a bike ya it will cause a wreck but cops know it aint gonna cause a major disaster. I think cops in general think guys on streetbikes are stupid to start for riding one. lol

1 - 8 of 8 Posts