Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm so excited!!! I took the tank,fenders, and side covers to the shop yesterday to have a custom paint job done. Its going to be candy metallic blue with pearl white ghost flames. I'm also going to be putting on new grips, a custom corbin seat, and a belt drive conversion from www.scootworks.com I'll post pictures of all this when I'm finished!!!

·
Registered
4,352 Posts
re

sweet :shock: - i am very curious about the belt drive! i have been watching that
conversion for some time and have talked to alot of folks about it , and i found mixed
reviews about durability from folks who made the change. keep us posted on the progress
of the bike and get the camera out :lol:

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
what kind of reviews have you heard from it? I'm not so certain right now I'm gonna convert over, I'd like to hear the ups and downs of it. My main concern is loss of power. I may end up keeping the chain because i don't mind lubing it every 600 miles. I did however install the new kuryakyn iso-grips and picked out the paint color. I picked out a pretty candy blue from House of Kolors. I'm ordering the corbin seat today and I'm so freakin excited, too bad the weather is real nice here because I want to ride so bad.

·
Registered
4,352 Posts
re

house of color is the best,so you can't go wrong with that :p
it seems to be 50/50 on the belt drive,i know what scoot says about them but he's selling them so that's to be expected. but some owners have complained about the belts breaking
long before they should.that's the biggest complaint i've heard.i know sometime ago they increased the size of the belt from what was first brought to market and some of these complaints may be from that first batch of conversions.also some belt stretch has been reported by some causing some driveline slop.i'm thinking the belt itself is the issue here
not the acutual conversion because i have not heard anything about the drum assembly
in the back or the front sprocket.there is a belt called monstra that seem to be doing much
better than the original belt. the jury is still out for me on this until i see more of them on the road-i don't mind lubing the chain either and they don't break generally and are very strong
i've never had a chain let me down so i'm holding out a little longer :wink:

1 - 5 of 5 Posts