Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1,946 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
or so it seems. My 1st service they found a leaking rear seal and had to replace it. I took it in for the 2nd service @ 4k miles. I had noticed a bit of an oil leak coming from around the rocker cover. Not enough to lose any appreciable amount of oil, never even made a drip in the garage. I'd see the streaks on the rocker cover where the oil had dripped and then blown off. I asked them to check it out, it's a bad rocker cover gasket, and to fix it, they have to pull the engine. I guess engineers and design people don't talk much, kinda silly to have to pull the engine to replace a gasket under the rocker cover. It's all been warranty work but 2 bad gaskets in 6 months makes me think my bike was built just before quitting time on Friday!

Of course about the worst thing about Kawi service is warranty work. It first has to get approved, then they have to order the parts, then actually do the work. It doesn't take my place long to get the work done but you spend more time waiting for parts. On the rear seal, they didn't want me to ride it and ended up keeping it for 2 weeks. This time they said I can ride it, and they'll call when they have parts in hand to schedule the service. Hopefully it only takes a couple days. I'm not real worried because it's getting colder here and I'm not riding as much, so if it takes a bit longer to make sure it's fixed right, I'd rather them keep it.

·
Crazy Old Guy
1,189 Posts
Well, at least you can ride it this time! Good luck.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts