Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I know.....this is a Vintage Kawasaki forum...but I thought maybe one of you could help or turn us on to a vintage Suzuki web site...He has a 1100GK that has 11/12K miles on it and has not been started or ridden for years....the carbs are BS34SS....on the carbs there is a "fuel" line going from between 1&2 and 3&4 cyl....the main fuel line comes off the tank and connects between #2 and #3...The question is....is this a fuel line?...if it is it should be wet right?....after we ran it a few times the "fuel "line was dry, dry....right now it will only run on starter fluid so it's just a short run before it dies....there is fuel in all of the float bowls...good spark etc. we did the ignition mod off of wiredgeorge....my Bud overhauled the carbs by the manual but gas doesn't seem to be getting to the engine....any answears?....suggestions?... He was thinking the carbs are so out of sinc(sink)it won't run....possibility?....any help appreciated.....bruce

·
just cruzin by!
1,398 Posts
The GS resources has a carb breakdown for that one right on the front.That is a constant vacumn carb.Im very familiar with these myself having owned a GS 650 with bs 32 ss carbs on it.You probably have the float bowl settings too low and the four tubes coming off the carbs are air tubes not fuel.They release the vapors from the carb bowls.the middle one is the fuel tube.Go to the resources and you will meet a great bunch of guy's willing to help you.The GS is a great machine!!This is the one I sold to buy my 900 LT.83 GS 650 in mint condition.I restored it myself and sold it for 2100 bucks.Paid 800 for it and put about 700 into it and rode 15000 miles on her before selling it.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts